11: How Could You

Lara's POV:

I sat in the basement, rocking back and forth as I clutched my humongous stomach. I was trying to calm down, stress was not good for the babies. But how could I calm down? John just walked outside to Hannah HOLDING A FUCKING BAT! I mean that bitch was.... well a bitch but she doesn't deserve to maybe die. I bit my lip and continued to shake as I just thought about what might be happening up there.

I sat down there for 3 hours, no sleep, no reading, just rocking back and forth. Finally I heard footsteps upstairs and slowly the basement door opened. I looked up at John who glared back at me. "Get up here Lara we need to-" "did you kill her?" He walked down the stairs and spit on me, "don't fucking interrupt me bitch!" I wipe off his saliva and look down at the ground. He then sits on the bottom stair and sighs. "Rub my feet, I had a long day. Then I'll tell you what I did."

I quickly get on the ground and take off his shoes, then his socks. I wrinkle up my nose at the site of his yellow toenails. My hair is suddenly grabbed and I yelp. "Don't fucking make that face at me again bitch." I nod and he lets go. I sigh and begin to rub his feet.

He took out a cigar and begins an to smoke, deliberately blowing it in my face. "Please john, the smoke is bad for the kids." He chuckles, "then lets hope it kills the girl." He continued to smoke so I inhaled away from him.

"So... you wanna know what I did to Hannah, don't you?" I nodded as I continued to rub his feet. "I bashed her head in, like a man!" "And what do you do with the body?" He slapped me. "You think I'm such a fool that I would tell you what I did with the body?" I shook my head and he nodded. "Good."

It didn't surprise me that John killed her, but I became scared. I now knew that my husband would kill to get what he wants and that was truly terrifying.

"Damn! That was good!" He said and he got up. "Make me some dinner before 8 and you won't get beat." He then slaps my ass before waking up the stairs, motioning me to follow him. I did.

2 Months Later

Lara's POV:

I'm now 8 and a half months pregnant, I'm due in around 3 weeks and I still don't know how I'm going to keep my children safe from that monster. John helps a little by getting me food and had limited the beatings to slaps. Sounds awful but it was paradise. John brings in a new prostitute every night, never the same one twice. He learned his lesson from Hannah (by bashing her head in).

At this point I don't know what to do. I had a plan to run a at from John with my brother but he died from being shot, he was a cop. My parents are dead as well, and my aunt and uncle hate me. I have no one. No one but my children that will have to grow up in this god forsaken house. But I'll find a way, somehow.

Author's Note: I hope you liked this chapter! I moved the pregnancy forward a little cause you all must be DYING to meet the children. What do you think they will be like? Comment you answers! Vote, like, share. Bye!