20: The Final Battle

Lara's POV:

I'm speechless and if I'm being honest a bit confused. After all this time my father is standing in front of my again. But why is he with Maya and holding guns? I can't think about it now because John jerks me up off the ground.

He places me in front of him as a human shield. "Who the fuck are you?!?" John screams at my dad. My dad locks eyes with me before saying, "how could you forget an old business partner John?" I feel the shock shoot through John but I have no idea what is happening.

Maya's POV:

I aim my gun at John but I'm afraid I'll miss the shot. I've only used a gun once and that was 5 years ago when my ex took me to a shooting range!

"D-Devin?" John says, eyes wide. Devin smiles. "That's right you bastard, now be a man and fight me." Suddenly John's eyes turn towards me and his eyes narrow. Out of nowhere he hurls the bat he was holding at me. I try to duck but it hits me right in the head.

I fall to the ground and feel blood gushing out of my head as my vision gets blurry.

Nived/Devin's POV:

I turn, shocked to see Maya on the floor. But I stared at her a second too long. I hear a scream and turn just in time to see John running at me. I can't react in time so he tackles me to the ground. Then he begins throwing punches at me. "If you're not dead by the time I get off you then I'm ashamed of myself." John yells. "Get ready to be ashamed." I say and then punch him in the stomach.

John staggers backward but quickly regains his senses. "You want to fight old man?" He says with a smirk, "fine, let's dance."

John's POV:

I notice out of the counter of my eye that Lara is running into the kitchen. That bitch was always a pussy. But I only have one thing to focus on now, and that's Devin.

I make a jab at him but he blocks it. He try's a kick but I grab his leg. I enjoy seeing the shock on his face as I pushed his leg, hard.

He went falling to the ground and I was on top of him a second later. I threw punches at him over and over and I knew there was nothing he could do about it.

After a good 3 minutes I stood up and grabbed his shirt to pick him up also. Devin's face was bloody as holy hell. I had broken his nose and had split both of his lips. I smiled as I saw terror in his eyes.

But then the terror turned to hate and he said, "fuck you John." I felt anger rage through me as a drew back my arm for another punch. But a piercing pain in my back stopped me.

Lara's POV:

I tried to dig the kitchen knife into his back more but John swirled around so I just took his knife out of him. "What the fuck are you doing?!?" He screamed. "Saving my family," I said, then I lunged at him with the knife.

I managed to slash across his chest and that made his scream, but then he grabbed my arm and threw my to the ground. Then he got on top of me and put his hands around my neck.

I desperately gasped for air but the more I tried the harder he pushed. "Do you understand now Lara that I can't lose?!?" He screams. I'm beginning to see spots. He looks at me like a mad man. "This is the end Lara, no matter what happens after today you will be dead."

I begin to cry. I cry for my father, I cry for Maya, I cry for the twins but most of all, I cry for myself. I could have tried to get away sooner but I just prayed it would get better. Now after I'm dead he'll kill the twins, Maya and my dad.

As i feel myself slipping away from this world I actually smile. I smile because even if I die I'll get to see everyone I loved again in death. And as long as that happens than I will be a little happy. I close my eyes

But all of a sudden I hear a gunshot and my eyes snap back open. John loosens his grip on my neck so I gasp for air. Then all at once he falls to one side, blood gushing from his back. I am confused until I see her.

Standing in front of me is a woman dressed in bloody rags, who is heavily pregnant, and is holding a gun. I gasp as I see who it is.

Hannah smirks at me. "Hello, Lara." She says. "Long time no see."

Author's Note: SO MUCH STUFF JUST WENT DOWN!!!!! Is John dead? Will Maya and Devin be ok? How is Hannah alive? You'll just have to find out in my next chapter! Let's try to get another 5 likes on this chapter before I publish the next one, that would mean so much. Like, Comment, Share. Bye!