7: Bloody Tears

Lara's POV:

I felt the color drain from my face as my phone fell to the ground. "Are you ok Lara?" Maya asked me as I picked up my phone. She can't know, 

"Oh nothing, I just remembered I left some water boiling on the stove and I need to turn it off and clean the pot i'm so sorry." 

Maya eyed me suspiciously, "ok," she said. Fuck that was NOT convincing. I then rushed out the door without saying goodbye. 

The tears came to my eyes before I even walked into the house, I knew what was coming, I knew that he would beat me. I opened the door and tried to run upstairs but a hand grabbed my arm and stopped me. 

I was spun around to face an angry John, "where the fuck were you?!?" He screamed at me as he punched me repeatedly in the face. 

In between the blows I managed to say, "John...please...stop." 

He briefly got off of me to say, "where the hell were you woman?!?" I whimpered and kept my mouth shut because I did not want to endanger Maya. 

He laughed, "alright you bitch! HAVE IT YOUR WAY!" 

He raised his already bloody hand above me and I said, "wait! wait! I was with Maya! across the street!" There was a silence in the room as he processed what I just said. 

"That bimbo across the street? How does she even know you I haven't let you out of the..." He trailed off as he realized what I had done. 

"Oh you clever bitch, you thought you could get away." He slapped me, "you thought you could sneak away?!? Well I guess i'll have to change that."

He then beat me repeatedly for the next hour, I passed out soon after that. I remember waking up and feeling pain in my neck. I touched the section that was hurting and felt a small lump. "What the fuck is this?" I said out loud. 

"Oh i'll tell you," said John who was outside of our bedroom where I woke up. "It's a tracking device," my jaw dropped to the floor. "This way i'll be able to see you wherever you go." He cackled, "and I can't wait to put it in my little girl too." He then continued to laugh as I tried to run past him. He grabbed me roughly and said, "where do you think your going?" I glared at him and he slapped me, "don't fucking look at me like that again!" I nodded, "I know where you are going, the basement." He then grabbed my hair and dragged me to the hell hole in our house.

6 Months Later:

I touch my now giant belly and drag my finger across it. In 3 months I would be a mother, I frown. And in 3 months my babies will have to face their father. I looked around the basement and admired how I had decorated it. It had evolved from a hell hole to a decent place. That hooker that John brought home decided to keep coming even after John basically raped her. She knows about me but only mocks me, John won't let me disrespect her or I get beat. She also got John hooked on alcohol so half the time I see him he's drunk. I went to the doctor last week and by some miracle both of my babies are healthy. I hear the bed upstairs bounce, great another fuck fest upstairs with John and Hannah. 

I fear for both of my children, but for different reasons. I fear for my son (I am going to call him George) because I am afraid that he will grow up to be just like John. Sexist, a rapist, and a bad person. I fear for my daughter (Rachel sounds good) because John hates woman, and I am so afraid that he will beat her too and kill her. 

But I won't give up, I'll find a way out of this mess, I hope.

Authors Note: Hello guys, I realized that the book was moving kind of slowly so that's why I did the time jump. Sorry that this chapter was kind of short but you know, school sucks. Anyways thanks for reading! 113 reads already! Thank you so much! Remember, comment, share, like. Ok bye!