Illumi..who sent him

Emma POV

Naturally I was only half listening to Chrollo cuz I don't give a goddamn about a last name. All tht mattered now was saving Feitan from his fate (haha ha nice one emma nice pun). Still I did not want to show too much disrespect to the boss, not only because he was my boss but also because I kinda like him a lil bit. "You should go back down the stairs and relax. I can handle this" I said while not looking back at him and instead directing my angry glaze toward the pickle man.

I could hear Chrollo lunge forward in distress but before he could say anything the mystery fella crooned, "Ah ah ah! I think you'd be wise to take him up on his offer. I doubt you'll be able to defeat me by yourself."

I scoffed, engaging in an even more intense fighting stance. "Right, right! Whatever. I'm here to fight for what I beliebe in, for what's truly important to me. And if you try to get in the way of any of that I won't heasitate to elimintate you." My nen was flaring up, I was ready to fight.

Chrollo POV

From where I stood I could feel Emma's nen swash about the roof from exactly where I was standing. She was absolutely ready to fight. Her melee drive was through the roof. "Listen to me, Emma, you cannot take on Illumi Zoldyck! His strength knows no boundaries"

Illumi watched us silently with his emotionless eyes. I couldn't tell what he was thinking. But I also couldn't figure something out. Why was he after us? Who could have commissioned just him to try to fight us? And Why so soon after our last mission? I mean, it's not unheard of but it is certainly odd. It is usually the victims of our theft who place a bounty on our heads.

"As my father once told me, murder is a dish best served for two!" Illumi exclaimed. His nen flared, and though his stance didn't change or shift one bit.

But Hisoka is dead, I think to myself. There's no way he could have hired Illumi to kill us. His pride wouldn't've allowed it,and also he was dead befrore he could even do it. So who else could it have been? Who else could've hired Illumi to kill us? Who else could've been a victim of our farmer's market heist—

My eyes widened suddenly. my broken arm throbbed roughly, but finally I understood. Oza. It was Oza. It had to be. But before I could convey my thoughts into words, Emma and Feitan shot forward in unison. They had initiate/d attack.

Emma POV

When I shot forwardto strike Illumi with my hands, Feitan also lunged, at the exact same time asme funny enough! We both stuck the man with a punch flurry from differentangles, and he could only sustain so much physical harm before his bodycollapsed. "Hmph," I laughed, pointing at his bloodied nd unmoving form. I bentover all anime-like and pointed a mockery finger at him. "You idiot. I didn'teven get a chance to warm up. Don't try me again." My hair and feitan's werestill glowing green. I assumed my eyes were as well. I sighed. Why can't Ideactivate em like I normally do? I really need to get a hang of my new powers.