Ruthless

Chrollo POV

Once we got to Feitan's torture chamber I walked up to Illumi and gave him a nice hard stomp. "Is there anything you want to tell us all?" I asked as I grind my foot of my heel into his chest.

Illumi coughed up some blood and sputtered. "You will have to...kill me first..."

I crossed my arm around my broken arm without jostling it too much and pouted. "But you won't be able to tell us anything if we kill you. You'll have to tell us before hand."

Feitan reached for his small table sword but Emma dashed out and grabbed it before he could, then she held it up aginst his throat. I watched in mildity as her eyes and hair glowed just as brightly as they did back up on the roof. She pressed it closer into his skin. "Tell me what you know right now or I'll teach you how to suffer," she said with menace.

"Okay fine! I was sent here by the chairman to kill Emma Mimosa specifically but I ran into the emo guy and everything spiraled downward from there." She pressed it deeper into his neck. "OK and uh, I was supposed to report back hours ago so there will probably be other people coming after you soon too."

She raised an eyebrow. "The chairman? As in the guy who's in charge of the Hunter's Association?" She scoffed and suddenly grabbed the back of Illumi's neck. Leaning down to his level so she could intimidate him, she yelled, "That's bullshit. You really wanna die, huh?"

"I don't lie," illumi said quickly. Right as he finished his sentence, Emma slowly slit his throat. I gasped internally in shock because I didn't expect her to do that. Feitan kinda jumped too so I guess he wasn't expecting it either.

"Are you going to take his nen?" whispered Feitan. That's actually a pretty good idea but I don't really like manipulator nen so I'll have to pass. Also Illumi was practically dead so I couldn't.

Emma turned back to me, eyes still glowing with her eyebrows fully creased. She didn't say anything so it was kinda freaky. Illumi's blood coated Emma's hands and dress. He was still gurgling gently in the background but eventually Feitan's classical music drowned him out.

But something looked different about Emma. She looked like a killer and a remorseless one. She could kill people with ease, but it seemed like she could only do that when her eyes were glowing, and it seemed as though her eyes only glowed when her intent to kill was high. I smirked. What a good addition to the team.

Emma's eyes dimmed and she spun Feitan's now-bloodied tableside knife between her fingers. She seemed a smidge calmer now but it was weird that she didn't set the knife down. Turing to Feitan, she spoke, "You don't mind if I keep this." It wasn't really a question.

"Are you asking?" he asked cryptically.

"No," she said as she approached the door.

I held my hand out. "Emma wait!" I needed to ask her what she remembered before she left and potentially forgot what happened because I feel like this nen power boost makes her black out kinda while she's in high power mode. But I just needed to ask just to make sure.

Emma stopped in the doorframe and turned back to me. "I remember everything," she said, melancholy. "And now that we know everything hopefully we can prioritize my new nen power training in the coming days. Now if you can excuse me, I'm going to shower and get changed" She turned away from me and waved as she walked out the door. I sighed.

"Wait, what?" said Feitan after a long silence. I sighed again. I guess I have to fill him and everyone else in on this drama now.

a/n: i am on a roll tongiht i might update some more. anyway thanks for reading this still