Bandages (TomEdd)

Tom is hurt and Edd is playing mother hen.

Fluffy af so yeah c:
----

Tom woke up to the smell peppermint. He looked around, he seemed to be lying on a bed, his body flinched when he tried to sit up, he rested his head on his chest to look at himself. He hissed a he saw that his lower abdomen was covered with fresh bandages. The door suddenly swung open and a panicked Edd ran towards Tom pulling him in an immediate hug.

"Ah! Edd no! That stings!" Tom yelped.

"Oh! Sorry, Tom." Edd cupped his cheek, "Are you alright?" He asked.

"Yeah, everything's just peachy." Tom rolled his non-existent eyes.

"Tom, I'm serious here." Edd furrowed his eyebrows.

Tom ran a hand through his hair and sighed, ruffling the other boy's hair reassuring him. Soon Matt and Tord came inside, Matt held a bouquet of flowers while Tord held his flask in his hands.

"Tom!" Matt smiled.

"Hey, don't touch that." He pointed at Tord.

"Oh geez wow, you're welcome." Tord snickered, setting the flask on the table beside the bed, "Thought you might need something to pass the time here."

Matt ran over to Tom, pushing the flowers into him, Tom raised his brow, picking at the colorful petals of his gift.

"Um...Thanks? But I don't see how the bouquet is necessary, I'm not dying Matt."

"I spent a good amount of money on that Tom, appreciate it." Matt crossed his arms.

"Yeah well, whatever." Tom pointed at his bandages, "What happened anyway?"

"You mean you don't remember?" Edd asked.

"All I remember is throwing toilet paper rolls at Eduardo's roof then suddenly, everything went black and I woke up here." Tom stated.

"Eduardo caught you, he was so furious that his powers got triggered back and he blasted you all the way to the other side of the road." Edd explained.

Tom sucked in a breath as the stomach wrenching pain hit him again, "That explains a lot.".

A doctor came in the room, a nurse walked alongside him as they went towards Tom.

"How are you feeling today Thomas?"

"I'm fine, I guess. When can I go home?"

"That's what I actually came here to talk to you about."

The nurse handed a clipboard to the doctor, who flipped through the pages, Tom knew that meant nothing good.

"The wounds you received are quite severe, it would be best for you to stay here for a few days and rest." He looked at Tom, "If you force yourself to move your wounds could tear open again."

"Tear open? You mean Tom has a suture?" Edd gasped.

The doctor nodded.

Edd's eyes narrowed, "Oh my God, Tom-"

"Edd, I'm fine, I promise." He said trying to calm Edd.

"But you're hurt." He looked at him, "I should've warned you about his powers, this is my fault, I should've stopped you..."

"Edd," Tom said giving Edd's hand a squeeze, "It's not your fault, okay?"

Edd wiped away his frown, he smiled warmly at him, Tom smiled back.

"Alright, I'll be off now. Remember Thomas, take a rest, take it easy for a while. I'll be sure to check on you in a few days to see if your condition got better." The doctor smiled before walking out.

"So, who'll stay with Tom here?" Tord asked.

"Definitely not you," Tom asked, "I don't want a commie here."

Tord rolled his eyes,"I have plans anyway."

"I could take the first shift if you want-"

"I'll do it." Edd cut off Matt.

"But-"

"Matt, please, lemme do it! I promise I'll do good, you can stay at the house and look after Ringo for me. Pleeeeassseee!" Edd pleaded.

Matt ran a hand through his face, he gave up and sighed.

"Okay." He smiled.

Edd jumped around in happiness and hugged Matt.

"Alright, I best be going now. It's Ringo's feeding time, bye you two, take care!"

By the time the two went out Edd immediately came to care for Tom, he'd oftentimes go out and come back with a few magazines or so to help Tom pass the time, he'd talk about some of the adventures he had, Tom would chuckle everytime Edd's eyes gleamed with interest as he told his stories, he loved Edd. He always has.

Having Edd around for a week seemed nice to Tom, that is until Edd got a bit overbearing.

Tom suddenly wanted to ask Matt to pull Edd out of his room, he just wanted to change his shirt without Edd offering a helping hand. He wouldn't wanna be seen with his torso bare like that in front of his friend.

"Edd, I can do this myself."

Tom pushed away the spoon Edd offered to his mouth, Edd puffed his cheeks in annoyance.

"Tom, the doctor said you need to rest or-"

"My wound could tear open again I know, you've said that for the tenth time." Tom giggled.

Edd sighed, placing the bowl of food down the table beside him. He reached for Tom's hand, some of his fingers had bandages on it, he softly trailed his hand to Tom's arm, he'd also received second degree burns. Tom was in bad terms, all Edd wanted was for him to get better.

"I just want to take care of you."

Tears started to well his eyes, he sniffed and wiped his eyes with his hoodie sleeve. He squeezed Tom's hand.

"I-I'm sorry... I should've been there to protect you."

Tom looked straight into Edd's weeping eyes, he wiped away a tear, he brought his hand up to his face and placed a soft kiss on the other boy's fist.

"It's not your fault Edd, if anything it's my fault. I shouldn't have tried to prank that jerk."

With all his strength, he pushed his body up and leaned to Edd, landing a kiss on his cheek in effort to lighten his mood. Edd giggled, his face tinted with a soft shade of pink, this made Tom smile, he brushed his thumb across his face.

"I love you, Edd."

"I love you too, Tom."
----
A/N
WOWIE I DIDN'T HAVE TROUBLE WRITING 1K WORDS WHAT.

i tried making this sweet as possible I'm very sorry if you aren't satisfied with it ;-;

ALSO-

I'm planning on making an eddsworld comic, I'm not sure if I should yet, but i were to make one, I wanna get your suggestion on what you want it to be!

It can be a shipping or an au or a short thingy.

I'll see if I have the time to do so and I'll be sure to leave a notification when I do.

bye you sinners :')

//Luminous_Anarath