Eternal (Paultryk)

For Jani_Bunny

warning: this one includes character(s) death.

--------

At first Paul didn't really understand the point of love.

He'd see couples walking on the street but they wouldn't matter. He'd find their lovey-dovey actions quite a bit gross but nonetheless tolerable. He'd see Tord and Edd cuddle every now and then but it was fine. He didn't care.

He didn't know what love was or what it felt like.

Until he came along.

When he came, Paul was unsure how to react. He felt different around him.

Patryk was almost the opposite if him. Great hair, bright smile, and amazing personality. It was no mystery to him why most of the red army soldiers liked to be around him. He wasn't useless in the battlefield either. He knew how to fight.

He remembered how Patryk managed to throw him off the ground in a practice fight he had with him, or how he helped him with his aim.

They were friends sure. But Paul felt more than that. And so did Patryk.

A first kiss was definitely a bizarre moment for Paul. But as soon as Patryk's lips came in contact with his, he never wanted to pull back. He wanted to cherish the moment forever.

At first, Paul found it annoying. Patryk was clingy to say the least. But as it went on it felt normal to have Patryk bury his head in his shoulders or lay his head on his lap when they were out.

As time went on, their love grew.

Patryk helped Paul feel what it was like to be loved. And he loved how it did.

To him, it was amazing to be liked for what he was and what he could do. Patryk was special to him.

Then, they were told to write letters for a loved one, in case one day they won't return after their battle.

He didn't really understand the point of it. But after spending his time, cherishing every moment he has with Patryk, he soon realized its significance.

He couldn't remember how long it took him to write his, but he spilled his whole heart and soul into it.

He was sent to a mission.

One mission that just might be the reason he wouldn't come back. Patryk wasn't going to be sent out with him.

He felt nervous, almost demanding Paul to not go. But the red army would say otherwise.

Before heading out. Patryk must've spent hours telling Paul to be safe. Paul laughed, reassuring the other that he will.

But he wasn't sure that he will.

He gave the other one last kiss on the forehead before going. He looks back one last time, before he disappears completely.

The battlefield was pure crimson. Bodies scattered everywhere, both from the red and opposing army.

Then the enemy's numbers twiddled down to numbers. The battlefield went silent.

The soldiers came out of their hiding spots. They each raised their arms in victory and triumph.

Paul yelled in happiness with the others, thinking they had won.

Then a gunshot rang. A sharp sting of pain hit Paul in the chest. He reaches to the damp spot forming in his uniform, on his chest. He raised his hand and saw blood.

His vision faded, his knees felt weak, and he fell to the ground.

Soldiers scurried around him to aid his gunshot. But he had already lost a lot of blood. He was slowly fading away.

Memories he had with Patryk flashed in his mind. The good and bad times they went through. And the future he wish they had.

Slowly, his eyes felt heavy, and they closed permanently.

Patryk marched back and forth awaiting the arrival of Paul's battalion.

Sooner or later the gates opened, soldiers came in with casts and wounds everywhere. He looks around and above the crowd in search for Paul.

He finds Tord walking behind the battalion. He runs up to him. Tord had a gloomy expression on his face. He clutches something in his hands.

"W-where is Paul?" Patryk stutters.

Tord took his hands. He places something in it. Patryk looked back at him in confusion before opening his palms.

His eyes widened.

In his hand were Paul's dog tags. He covered his mouth in shock. His shoulders trembling. Tord places a hand on his back.

"I'm sorry." he said, handing a letter to him.

With shaky hands Patryk opens the letter.

His heart shatters as he slowly read through the page.

Dear Patryk,

I don't know when I will need to give this to you. But I'm probably dead by now, still, don't cry.

I don't want you to weep over my death. I want you to be happy.

As happy as you made me. Everyday with you was amazing. Every second that passed felt like forever, and forever felt like it wasn't enough.

Thank you, for loving me and caring for me.

No matter how annoying I get or how cranky I can be, you were there with a smile.

Thank you, for the great memories you shared with me.

I wish, I didn't have to write or for you to read this letter.

But then again, death is inevitable.

I love you, more than you may ever now.

I've never learned to love someone more than you. Just you.

I wish, we could at least have a future. Together.

To have a family, living together in a cozy little house, to have a pet cat like you always wanted, we'd adopt a kid. Live together for the rest of our lives.

Sound cheesy, right?

But... As cheesy as it is...I wish we could have that.

But for now, I want you to be happy. Even if I am dead, you need to know that I will forever be in your heart.

I love you.

-Paul

Tears fell down and damped the paper. Patryk trembles, a weak smile forming on his face, he clutches the letter on his chest.

"I... Love you." he sobbed.

------
A/N

this got a bit emotional ;-;

anyway my first paultryk fic woot woot! Hope y'all liked it

I kinda based this off the ending of Descendants of the Sun because... That KDRAMA IS LIT AF LIKE UGH WHY DID HE HAVE TO DIE 😭

but yea lol im back and more stressed than ever B-)

//Luminous_Anarath