Bodyguard (Mark x Bullied!Reader)

for Harpooned_Tom

First time writing a oneshot with Mark.

Basically you and Mark work in a small grocery store, and let's just say not every one of your fellow employees like you.

also your boss is stingy af like hell nah-

enjoy

------

If felt like you've been stacking cans and cleaning spills forever the moment you got to work.

Everything felt so slow, agonizingly slow.

It wasn't helping that your cold is bugging you, and apparently that's not a good enough excuse for your boss. You'd sneeze quite loudly and it would just tick off other employees or even customers.

And they didn't even care that you were sick, they'd still boss you around.

It felt awful.

As you restocked the shelves, you accidentally lost your balance on the stool you were standing on. You fell straight to the floor, you groan in pain as you propped yourself up with your shoulders.

A pair of legs appear before you, you look up and find Mark in front of you. He holds out his hand, "You okay?" he asked as he helped you up.

"I-I'm okay." you stammered.

You stare blatantly at your hands, Mark was still holding yours with his, you couldn't help but blush slightly.

"Does anything hurt?" he tilts his head.

"No." you shook your head.

Mark smiles sympathetically at you. You let out a goofy grin, your crush on him was already obvious enough but the fact that this guy was drop dead gorgeous isn't helping.

You've been working together for years. He's always been so nice, he'd give his shifts to others, sometimes he'd stay longer that anyone else. Most of all, he was always there when you accidentally fall off your stool.

A large, strong hand suddenly smacks you in the back of your head. You were pulled by the wrists and was forced to face your boss, his face contorted in pure anger.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?!" he yelled, making the other customers in the grocery look at you. He pulls you into the employee's room, giving you another painful smack on the head.

"S-Sorry sir, it was an accident." you croaked out.

"I don't have room for accidents!" he screams. "This store is already going downhill and I don't need some lazy ass making things worse!"

You feel your heart shatter to pieces at that moment, tears from at the corner of your eyes. Your boss paces around you, his arms crossed and holding back the urge to punch you.

"This is the third time this day the same thing happened, what in the hell is up with you? Are you drunk?" he raises an eyebrow.

"S-Sir... I'm a bit sick."

He turns around and stares at you. He shakes his head and scoffs at your words.