The Art of Trying to be Normal (Polyamory Tom/Edd/Matt/Trans!Tord)

for KittyKatShmeow

Longest title yet, eh?

-----

Some say being normal is easy. That fitting in with others and blending with the crowd wasn't that hard.

But that's not what Tord thinks.

No, fret not, he's not a lunatic or some stalker who collects someone's toenail clippings. He's not that kind of person.

He finds it hard to be normal, when he himself despises someone using the "he/him" pronouns on himself. And oh the irony of this narration.

But that's not it. It's not just the pronouns he despises, it's the entire fact he feels trapped in his body.

He'd always looked at himself at the mirror and said that he was some girl stuck in that body. He never felt comfortable in his own skin.

He's spent a lot of years feeling like shit, and he hated it. So much.

Ever since he'd met Tom, Edd, and Matt, things had changed a bit. The hate he feels for himself somehow vanished, and he felt better for a while. But it was temporary.

He knew he wanted to say it. But he didn't know how his boyfriends would feel.

Will they be happy or not? How would they react?

He feared everything would go downhill.

And he kept it in himself longer. He didn't want to hurt their feelings, and he endured for a little longer.

Years passed, and he knew it was time he finally came out. He swore this was the day he'd do so.

Edd busily soaked the dishes in soapy water, after a big meal like that, it was expected to have a heaping pile of dishes to clean.

"Tom can you clean the table?" Edd asked.

"I'm busy." Tom busily flicked through the channels on the TV.

"Tom." he crossed his arms.

"Okay okay, yeesh." he stood up.

"You can do it, come on Larsson." Tord inhaled, he rubbed his sweaty hands on his T-shirt before stepping into the living room.

"Oh hey, love." Tom smiled. "Mind helping with-"

"W-Wait I need to speak to all of you first." he said.

Edd accidentally clangs two fragile plates together.

"Why? Something wrong?" he asked, worried.

"No no no!" Tord stammered. "I just need to talk about something."

"Well...Okay," Tom raised an eyebrow. "I'll... Go get Matt." he scurried upstairs.

"Um..." Edd walled in front of him. "Is everything all right?"

"Yeah everything's just fine! I just really need to talk about this." he smiled.