Lunch With Mark

You started getting nervous after you knocked on his door. Why were you so nervous? It's not like this was any different than the coffee thing. But Mark actually asked you out to this!

'This could just be him celebrating with me as a friend for my first video. But this could totally be a date, and it could be the best date I've ever had...'

Your thoughts were interrupted with Mark opening the door. "Hey (y/n)! How goes it?"

"It goes, I guess," you said furrowing your brows as he laughed at your confusion.

"Okay, on a scale of one to ten, how hungry are you?"

"Fifteen," you said. That granola bar you had for breakfast really hadn't filled you up.

"Alright," he laughed, "let's go now then."

Neither of you talked as you listened to the radio until Closer (Chainsmokers ft. Halsey) came on. It was your favorite song, so you couldn't help but sing softly with it.

"Hey, I was doing just fine before I met you,
I drink too much and that's an issue."

Mark smirked and turned the volume up, "Aw come on, if you're gonna be a super famous singer on YouTube, you gotta do better than that!"

You smiled as you sang a little bit louder.

"I know it breaks your heart,
moved to the city in a broke down car,
and, four years no calls,
and now you're looking pretty in a hotel bar,
and I I I I I I can't stop."

At the chorus, you started pumping your arms and belting the notes out.

"So baby pull me closer,
in the backseat of your rover
that I know you can't afford.
Bite that tattoo on your shoulder.
Pull the sheets right off the corner
of the mattress that you stole
from your roommate back in Boulder.
We ain't never getting older!"

You proceeded to break out in dance as Mark laughed the whole time.

"Impressive," Mark said as you finished the song. "You'll make it big time in no time!"

"That would certainly be cool, wouldn't it?" you said as you both stepped out of the car.

"You say that like it's never gonna happen," Mark nudged you as you both walked into an unfamiliar diner.

"Hopefully, someday, it will." You blushed as you found your table.

"Sorry about not telling you where we were going. This place is my favorite!"

"Well then, it better be good!" you said. "Do you have any recommendations? I don't know what I want."

"I really like their cheeseburgers. I get them every time."

The both of you ended up getting double cheeseburgers with fries. "Bet I can eat more than you!" You challenged.

"Oh you're on!" Mark said.

"I don't think you know what you're up against." You smiled evilly, "all I had for breakfast was a granola bar!"

"Oh yeah?" Mark retorted. "Well I skipped my breakfast! Good luck beating me!"

When you both got your food, you were so hungry that you both just ended up cleaning your plates. But Mark just couldn't help himself. "Totally finished faster than you did."

"Did not," you pouted.

When the check came back for your food, you reached for your purse but Mark waved his hand. "Don't worry, I got it. In celebration of your first YouTube video!"

You smiled and rolled your eyes, "oh it's not that important. I won't make you pay for all this."

"What if I want to pay for all this?" Mark asked, sliding the bill towards himself.

"At least let me just split the bill with you." You begged.

After a moment of thought, Mark agreed. "Only on one condition: you come to my house after this so I can show you my horror movie collection."

"You have a horror movie collection?" You raised your eyebrow and grinned.

"I like horror movies almost as much as I like horror games. Almost."

"Alright." You smiled, "deal."

You split the bill as promised, and you sang and danced along with all the songs on the radio as Mark laughed almost the whole time.

"Ready for part two of your celebration for the beginning of your road to stardom?" Mark asked as you stepped out of the car.

"I guess," you giggled as he took your hand and led you into his house.