A Little Early

You woke up groggy and disoriented the next morning. You pulled out your phone out with no idea of what time it was: 6:32 a.m. Crap! You had to be at work in less than half an hour. You slowly stood up, not wanting to wake Mark up. You considered carrying him upstairs to bed , but you knew there was no way you could do that. You quickly got dressed and did your hair. Despite your best efforts, you failed at being quiet when you tripped and hit the wood floor. Mark woke up suddenly with concern on his face. So much for letting him sleep.

"Hey, you okay, (y/n)?"

You stood up quickly, embarrassed. "Yea, I'm good. Sorry about waking you; I was trying my best to be quiet. I need to be at work at seven."

"You're good," Mark said stretching. "You want some breakfast? You have enough time.

"No, thanks. I really need to put some make up on."

"Oh, no you don't!"

You giggled, "that's sweet of you, but I really do. I need to look presentable."

"You look more than presentable right now, (y/n)," you chuckled as Mark stood up and kissed your forehead. "Seriously, you look perfect right now. But you do need some food. I'll make you some eggs."

In a few minutes, Mark handed you a plate of eggs and toast. You thanked him as you scarfed down the food. You started to bring your dish to the sink to wash, but Mark stopped you.

"Seriously, I got it." He took the plate and checked the time. "You need to be at work in four minutes.

"Crap!" You ran upstairs to brush your teeth, and then ran downstairs throwing your shoes on. You ran up to Mark and kissed him quickly. "Love you Marky."

"Love you too, (y/n)." Mark called as you ran out. As you dashed to work, you thanked your lucky stars you weren't caught speeding.

It had just been a normal day at work. You just finished dealing with a really annoying customer who was angry that her name was spelled incorrectly. When these things happened, you were always like a broken record: "yes ma'am, no ma'am, I do sincerely apologize, we will not let it happen again, no ma'am, thank you, please come again."

Even though you smiled the brightest smile at the cross woman as you said this after your 20 minute conversation, you sincerely hoped she didn't. It was about 20 minutes until you got off your shift when you got a text from Mark.

Hey, so, um, Sean got the date wrong about his flight. So um, he's actually here right now.

You laughed to yourself. What a goof, just like Mark.

No problem at all. I guess it's a good thing we cleaned the house yesterday then, huh? :P

Yup, I guess it was. :)

I'll be there in like 25 minutes.

Sweet, Sean's really excited to meet you.

Tell him I'm excited to meet him too :)

Will do, see ya in a bit

See ya then :P

The second your shift ended and the next worker came in, you dashed out, eager to meet the man behind Jacksepticeye.