The Confession

It had been about six months since you and Mark "made up". You two became best friends over this time. You were in a lot of his videos now, and you had even sang some duets on your channel. You did get the job after a very successful interview, and though the videos did help give your channel a boost, you had to continue working at the coffee shop. You two basically lived at each other's houses. You went to his house to watch movies, and he went to your house to sing and dance with you. You went out to eat together or get coffee at least once a week. You trusted each other with any secret, and you had an unbreakable bond.

However, you never told Mark about how in love with him you were. You didn't want to make anything weird. You already had an awesome friendship, and that was enough, right? No, you needed to tell him, but when? And how?

The answer seemed to present itself to you as you were watching movies with Mark at his house. After the fifth movie that night, Mark pulled out his phone and went to YouTube. He went to your channel, and clicked on the newest video, Getaway, also known as the song you wrote for Mark a while ago and finally got to posting.

"My new favorite song," Mark smiled at you, liking it. This was it; this was your chance!

"Hey, uh, Mark?" you said, softly.

"Yeah," he looked at you with those soft brown eyes you loved.

"So, um, that song...I said I couldn't remember who I wrote it for," your throat went dry, and you felt butterflies. Even though you were sitting down, your legs felt like jelly. Mark smiled at you; he knew what you were going to say. "Umm, I kinda lied to you. You see, uh, I wrote it for...well...you. I wrote it after we stopped talking. I wanted to tell you earlier, but I didn't want to ruin anything with you."

Mark then pulled you in for a kiss. In that moment, the butterflies went away, and you felt like you could fly with them. He pulled away, suddenly.

"I'm so glad you told me," he said for a moment, and then he pulled his soft lips back to yours.