Special Day (4)

Mark wanted you to dress formal; you were going to a really formal restaurant. You studied your closet, then finally pulled out a mid length blue dress. You forgot you even had this. You tried it on and looked in the mirror. "Not bad," you thought, smiling. You straightened your hair, put on your favorite black heels, and headed downstairs. You saw Mark in a dashing suit you'd never seen before.

His mouth opened and his eyes widened slightly. You smiled and spun around, "you like?"

"Yeah, you look...amazing."

You blushed, "not looking too bad yourself."

Mark smiled and offered his hand, "shall we?"

You took it, "we shall."

He took you to a restaurant with a foreign name you couldn't read.

When you entered, you felt eyes on you. You and Mark exchanged confused looks. You went up to the reservation area.

"Uh," Mark cleared his throat, "we have a reservation, Fischbach?"

The man gave you a weird look, and then lead you to your tables. You both just ordered waters.

"I don't even know what any of this is, how can I decide what I want?" You scanned the menu.

"Yeah, same. I don't know what any of this means."

When the waiter came back, you still had no idea what to order, so you just ordered the first thing you saw. The waiter glared at you for your terrible pronunciation, and then wrote your orders down. After the waiter left, you noticed eyes burning on you again.

Mark look concerned, "hey, (y/n), have you noticed everyone's been staring at us this whole time?"

"Yep," as you looked around, you noticed that everyone around you was at least twice your age.

You started laughing. "What?" Mark said, confused.

"Oh Mark," you laughed harder, "you totally brought us to an old people restaurant!"

"Shh! People are staring!"

"Um, they have been this whole time!"

"Yeah, I guess that's true." Mark started laughing with you. People started pointed and rolling their eyes, but you didn't care. "These people freakin hate us."

"Oh you think they hate us now," you smirked and winked, "just you wait." Before Mark could ask what you meant, you pulled Mark in for a kiss.

People's jaw dropped as you held hands and locked lips. You almost started laughing through the kiss. Instead, you softly chuckled.

The waiter cleared his throat and gave you your food as Mark pulled away and you stifled giggles.

Mark burst out laughing as soon as the waiter left, "why did you do that?"

You giggled, "cuz it was fun."

You picked at your food while people continued staring. The waiter soon came with your check.

"Let's get outta here." Mark said paying for the food. "I have a better idea for our special day."

You gave the waiter a big tip. You smile as wide as you could and waved at everyone as they glared at you. Mark couldn't help but laugh the whole time.

"How's your ice cream?" Mark asked as you dug into your chocolate extreme.

"Great, how's yours?"

"Also great."

You were parked outside of DQ's, both eating large blizzards.

"Sorry we didn't get to enjoy the restaurant you planned for us."

"Are you kidding? This is way better!" Mark laughed.

"Agreed."

As soon as you and Mark got home, you jumped out of your heels and ran upstairs. In a few minutes, you came back down with your pajamas.

"Good idea," Mark said, and ran upstairs. You walked over to the keyboard and started playing. Mark soon came downstairs in his pajamas. "Sounds good, as usual."

You smiled. "Have a seat, Mark. I have a song for you."

He smiled as you started to play the familiar song. You looked into his eyes and kissed his cheek as you finished, "You're my getaway, you're my getaway."

Mark clapped, "beautiful, amazing, as always!"

You smiled, "thanks for this very special day, Mark. I had a lot of fun."

"I'm glad, I thought you would."

"Although, I know this sounds cheesy as hell," you nudged Mark, "but everyday's special when I'm with you."

Mark put his arm around you. "Damn right it's cheesy. But that's why I love you." Mark pulled you in for a kiss, the perfect end to this special day. In that moment, you knew that no matter how bad things got, how many people laughed at you, how many times you failed on or off stage, none of it mattered. As long as you had Mark with you, everything was an unexpected adventure.