Telling Her

Omg that's a huge spoiller for Descendants 2!!^^
Ben's POV
After I left the kitchen I went to start planning Mal's birthday surprise. Her birthday is next week and I want it to be perfect! I really hope she doesn't think I'm doing something behind her back or that I'm mad or something like that. Anyways... I went up to my office and started calling a bunch of people. A few hours later Mal came in the room. "Hey" I said and hugged her. "Hi" she replied and kissed me. I sat back down in my chair. "Whatcha doing?" She asked and sat on my lap. "Well I was doing paperwork, until my gorgeous wife came in and obviously distracted me" I replied and kissed her. She giggled. "So how was the meeting?" She asked. "It was long and boring" I replied my best trying to make it believable. It was silent. We weren't even looking at each other. Then she looked at me. "What are you hiding from me?" She asked. "Nothing. Don't worry" I replied. "Ben you're lying. I know you never went to that meeting because I was just with your dad. He said you're supposed to be off. Now tell me what's going on" she said and got up.  She looked angry but disappointed. I honestly didn't know what to tell her. "I can't believe this. You're the one who told me that we have to tell each other everything. Why won't you tell me?!" She yelled tearing up. I was still processing what I was going to say. "Fine don't tell me. Just know that I came up here to talk to you about something important. I needed someone to talk to and I thought you were that person. But you're not" she said with a few tears falling from her eyes. "No Mal its just that I can't —" I said and grabbed her arm but she cut me off. "You can't what? There's nothing in this world that you can't tell me. I am royal just like you. If its something about that I deserve to know too. I am in this just as much as you are. There is nothing that you can't tell me" she said and pulled her hand away. "No but—" "Just stop, please. You were the one person who I actually could trust. But you're keeping things from me. Ben we're married, you should be able to tell me anything" she said and walked out.  I sat back down on my chair thinking of how this was going to end.
Mal's POV
I walked back downstairs and sat on the couch. I didn't say a word. One of the babies started crying. Everyone looked at me. "M, Jake's crying" Evie said. "Is anyone going to get him?" I asked. "Ben's there but I'm sure he'll need your help" she replied. "I'm not going. I couldn't care less what he does anymore" I replied getting up. "M what happened?" She asked. "I don't want to talk about it" I replied. I took my phone out and dialed someone's number. "Hey, can we meet? I need to talk to someone — ok see you in a bit" I hung up. I put my flats on. "Where are you going?" Jessica asked. "To meet with Veronica" I replied. "Who's that?" Audrey asked. "My best friend. No offense Evie" I said. "Don't worry. I'm your sister, she's your best friend. 2 different things" she replied. "Oh and please don't tell Ben where I am. Its not like he would care... Anyways please don't thanks" I said and took my jacket and disappeared.
Ben's POV
I heard Jake crying so I went to get him. I went downstairs and I didn't see Mal. "Where is she?" I asked and sighed. "We can't tell you" Evie said. I chuckled. "I guess this is her way of getting back at me" I replied and sat down. "I'm doing something for Mal's birthday next week but I can't tell her and now sue thinks its something that she needs to know and that in going behind her back but I'm not. I'm throwing her a surprise birthday party. That's all I did for 3 hours. But she doesn't get that I can't tell her" I told them. "I'll talk to her but we're all helping you set up" Evie said. "She's with Veronica don't worry she's safe. Just don't tell her I told you" she added. I nodded. "So who did you invite?" Victoria asked. "Like literally all of her friends" I replied. "Wait but what are we going to do about them not knowing about who we really are?" Lonnie asked. "I thought about it and if it makes Mal happy having her friends over for her birthday... Then we're going to tell them all. I know its a huge risk but I'm doing it for Mal. Every year on her birthday she has fun, but not enough fun because she isn't with her friends. So I've decided that we are going to tell them all" I said. "Aww that's sweet. I agree though. It's a pain not being who you really are in front of the people you care about" Evie said. I nodded. "I'll show you the list of people invited later and tell me if I'm missing anyone" I told her and she nodded.
Mal's POV
I met Veronica at the coffee shop in L.A. I sat down and waited for her. She came in and I took my glasses off. "Vero!" I yelled and she hugged me. My jacket didn't really cover my stomach so she backed up and looked at me. "Um... That's new...." She said. I covered my stomach with my jacket. "We need to talk. But I can't do it here" I said. She drove us to my house. We got in and sat on the couch. "I have so much to tell you and it might be really confusing" I warned her. "Okay..." She replied. "So let me start from the beginning. My name isn't really Dove/Chloe. Its Mal. I am Maleficent's daughter, the villain from Sleeping Beauty. I am married and I have 2 children. A third one on the way. I am queen of this place called Auradon. My husband's name is Ben. He is Belle and Beast's son. This isn't how I normally look. I have purple hair." I told her. She took a while to process everything. "Wait, does Mitchell know?" Was the first thing she asked. I laughed. "Mitchell is Ben" I replied. "Well... I am kind of disappointed that you never told me you're married and have kids but I am SUPER HAPPY about your pregnancy and that you told me" she said and hugged me. "What do you want me to call you?" She asked. "Whatever you usually call me" I replied. "Ok... Chlo" she said and we laughed. We stayed silent. "Chlo what's wrong?" She asked. "Ben is keeping something from me and I don't know what it is. And we told each other that we wouldn't keep secrets from each other but that's what he's doing" I told her. "Don't worry about it. Trust him. He will tell you soon. He's probably keeping it from you because he cares about you" she said. I wiped my tears away and nodded. "Do you want to meet my family?" I asked. "Sure. But how are we gonna get there?" She asked. "Well by car its 10 hours so we're going to use my magic!" I said excitedly. "You have magic?" She asked. "Yup" I replied and grabbed her hand. I poofed us to my castle. Everyone turned around. Ben walked up to me. "I'm sorry. But I still can't te—" I cut him off. "Shut up and just kiss me" I said and we kissed. We hugged. "I'm sorry for overreacting" I said. "Its ok. Its not your fault. But I promise you don't have to worry about it. Okay?" He asked. I nodded. I turned around to Veronica. "Hi I'm Veronica. You must be Ben" she said and shook his hand. "Um... Dove how does she know?" He asked "I told her everything. My jacket kinda flew open and she saw my stomach" I replied. "Thanks for being there when I wasn't." Ben said. "No problem. I'd do anything for her" she replied. "Look what I did!" I said excitedly and showed her a picture frame in the living room. I made a collage of all of the pictures we took together. "Awww!" She said and hugged me. "I have this picture framed and its on my night table." She said pointing to this picture.