A secret to keep

The door slammed shut as Rin ran into the house, throwing her hoodie over her head and onto the armchair in the living room. She threw herself onto the sofa, grabbing a pillow and placing it over her head to hide her face from her concerned sister.

"Are you ok Rin?" concern rising in her voice.

"I'm fine, ok. Just...leave me alone" Rin pushed the pillow further into her face. she moaned into the pillow and felt it slowly fall off of her face. She placed a hand on the back of the sofa to pull herself up. Her hair falling in front of her face as she did so.

She walked towards the stairs dragging her hoodie behind her. As she carefully made her way up the stairs, she wondered if she was going crazy again. Had her pills stopped working? Were they not strong enough?

She walked into the bedroom and watched as the rain began to fall on the large window in her room.

*Flashback*

She remembered the sound of the rain falling in the dark of the night. Her hair falling in front of her face. Every stand strewn across her anger filled face.

Her hands warm with the dark liquid. Tingling on her finger tips, dripping to the cold, concrete floor. Her white shirt now stained with the same liquid that covered her soft, small hands. Had she really done this. Had she really killed the person she loved the most...

The knife lying on the floor next to the once lively figure on the ground. Eyes open with shock and horror. Her face suddenly changed. She ran her hands over there blonde, soft hair. A small laugh escaping her pink lips.

*Rin's P.O.V.*

"No...Yes...No...Yes...Yes, yes Yes YEs YES!!!" My laugh escalating, growing louder and louder. Insane they called me...I thought they were joking. How dare they judge me for being who I want to be and having my own opinions. They must not see what I have done. No they don't deserve to know that I, small and delicate little Rin, killed someone.

And I'm not gonna lie to myself and say that i didn't enjoy it. The feeling of the warm blood dripping from my hands and the knife, that was the best thing I've ever felt in my life!

*Flashback End*

I watched the rain falling outside. I hated to remember but at the same time I loved it. I had no idea what was wrong with me and why I felt the way I did. Everything I had ever done in my life always ended badly. I just wanted a happy ending.

Is that too much to ask.