The Party

Rin made it to her friends house. People could be seen walking around, drinking, talking and everything else you could imagine would be happening at a party. Rin carefully guided herself around the other people, looking for her friend Carla.

She spotted her across the way talking to a guy. His arm resting against the wall next to him. Carla playing with the her long necklace that hung down to her stomach. She was giggling away to herself. She clearly liked this boy.

Rin rolled her eyes and made her way towards the corner of the room. She hated being in this situation. She watched as people around her danced and talked. Rin wishes she could join in. But if she did, she would probably end up regretting it. Plus she didn't like having to make small talk to people she didn't even care about.

Her eyes moved across the room, scanning every face she saw. Carla was still talking to that guy from earlier. Little did she know, his girlfriend just walked through the door. Oh no. Sorry Carla, get yourself out of this one.

She looked towards the kitchen, it looked empty. Maybe she could sneak in there and hide from the soon to be argument. As she went to walk forward, she saw someone walk into the kitchen. He seemed familiar.

His blond hair reflected the light. His hair was brighter than when they first met. His eyes were also scanning the room. He stood out like the sun, peeking through the trees to greet the poor girl. She was frozen in place. He was perfect. She didn't know how to react. So she took a deep breath and made her way across the room, towards the boy, and the kitchen. As she approached the room, her heart rate began to soar. She could practically hear her own heartbeat. Breath Rin... breath.

The boy made eye contact with her, only for a moment, but it felt like forever. Rin quickly turned away from him. Her eyes directed at the floor. He went to walk past her, drink in hand. But as he passed, he bumped into her. The drink spilling over her white shirt. Luckily she had worn another shirt underneath. She removed her shirt. The boy looks at her in shock.

"What?"

"Nothing... it's... just... uh... Ash. I'm Ash."

"Wait, Ash? Ash Winters? Omg hi! It's me Rin! Rin Summers!?!"

"Omg hey! It's been ages since I've seen you. How you been?"

"I've been...good" she turned her head away from him. She didn't want to tell him about all the problems she was having. She didn't want him to see her weak. He smiled at her and patted her back. Rin couldn't help but look at his smile. He was always so happy, it made Rin want to smile herself. Everything in the world seemed right when he looked at her.

Rin smiled at him and tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. Ash placed a hand into his pocket and pulled out a phone. "Here. If you ever need me, call me. You can talk to me about anything Rin. I'm always here for you. Always" He smiled at her again. She took his phone and put her number into his phone. They both continued to talk for the rest of the night. Catching up after soo many years of not seeing each other.

Ash felt different to Rin, but she ignored that and continued to talk to the tall boy. The conversation seemed to go on for the rest of the night. Every now and again, Carla would look over at Rin and put her thumbs up at the girl. Rin would smile and roll her eyes at her goofy friend.

Everything about that night was special to Rin, the moment she realised she could be happy again. She could be happy, as long as she was with Ash. She had to have him, protect him, keep him out of harm. And she could do that, if she was by his side.

Till the day she died.