Pills

*Rin P.O.V.*

Walking into the pharmacy, with a prescription in hand is always going to be a hard time for me. I feel like everyone is watching me. I hate it. They don't know me, they don't know why i need them. But they still stare, there beady eyes following me round the shop, waiting for the moment I do something wrong, so they can get me in trouble again.

I walked up to the counter and handed the paper to the young women standing behind the counter. She had long blonde hair tied up into french plait, blue eyes that sparkled in the sunlight. She smiled at me and looked down at the paper. When she finally spoke, her vice was soft and calm, much like Lisa's. But there was something about this women that i didn't like.

"Robin Summers. Hmm that's a lovely name, very fitting for the season don't you think hehe!" She giggled, placing her small hands over her mouth.

"It's Rin, not Robin"

"Oh well, ok then Rin, i'll just be a moment. I have to go and check if we have any of these in stock today. Please take a seat just over there while i take a look."

"Fine, just be quick about it." I walked slowly over to the seat in the corner of the room. Waiting...again. I'm always waiting for something, always sitting in uncomfortable chairs. Hood up, arms crossed and bored out of my mind. five minutes passed. God, she's taking long.

Growing impatient i walked up to the counter, "Oi! I'm waiting here! I've got somewhere to be soon, so i need them now!"

A voice called from the back of the shop, "One moment miss! I'm just umm...filling out some paperwork!" Did she think i was deaf, i heard her say 'umm', i'm not stupid. Are they talking about me back there?

Finally the young women walked back to the counter with the pills in her hand "please, just sign here and you can be on your way. I'm very sorry for the wait." Her voice seemed shaky and scared. I knew they were talking about me back there! I snatched the bag, that held the pills, from her hands. She pulled away quickly. I signed the paper and ran towards the door. I cannot deal with this right now.

I came to a stop at the end of the road. Tears began to form in the corner of my eyes. "why...why me..." I just want this all to stop... I don't want to be like this... scared... broken... lost. I rounded the corner and pulled the pills from the bag. A small orange container sat in my shaky left hand. I had to take them. I didn't want to. But i must.

I poured one of the pills onto my hand and placed it hesitantly on my tongue. I pulled a bottle of water from my bag and downed the liquid, the pill being swallowed up along with it. I gagged at the taste of the pill. Dry, dusty, sickly. It tasted like off date sherbet that had been left in the sun.

I fell to my knees and grabbed my neck trying not to vomit up the pill that needed to stay in my system in order to work. "STAY DOWN YOU STUPID THING! DON'T YOU DARE! I NEED YOU TO STAY DOWN!" I hit my stomach and pulled myself into a standing position. Suddenly a gust of wind blew me over, back down onto the concrete. I felt a hand on my shoulder and a finger brush against my cheek.

"Don't think that this will stop me dear. I'll always be here, in your insane little mind. I'll see you when the pills are gone my sweet" The whisper faded away. I knew what it was. I knew who.

Lucifer.

Why can't you leave me alone.

For good.

These pills are meant to help.

But they only seem to make things worse.

I'm putting myself in danger, just to stay alive.

Why wont anyone notice the torment.

I wont survive like this.

I need to do something.

And fast.