Tea

Rin walks through the doorway into what looked like her usual doctors office. She looked around to see the uncomfortable couch that she would always have to sit on and talk about her day with doctors who would simply smile and nod as Rin would wait for her prescription to be filled out.

She looked around the room only to see a new face, her new doctor. Doctor Damien. He is sat facing the curtained window, reading the large documents in his hands. He turned towards her and simply smiled standing and walking towards her, file still in hand.

"Rin Summer! Your trouble maker in this fine establishment and for the pass 6 years you've had 3 Doctors. They were Doctor Smith, Doctor Tennant and Doctor Reed. And they report that you have quite an offensive behaviour; trying to threaten them and demanding more prescriptive drugs." He stands directly in front of Rin, inspecting her figure and body language.

"In one particular instance with Doctor Reed you commanded him and I quote "Give me the bloody bottle of pills so I can disappear off this God forsaken planet". And I do believe that was a form of attempted suicide."

Rin stared blankly at the man talking to her. A puzzled look on her face. She couldn't take someone talking to her like this, like a child who's parents found out that she hadn't tidied her room.

"He should have given them to me"

He sighed and gestured for her to sit down on the couch.

"Why don't you take a seat  I'll go and pour us some tea" he smiles and walks away from Rin. She slowly moves towards the couch and takes a seat, watching the doctors every movement.

Doctor Damien proceeds to grab the tray full of cups and tea. He walks over to the table and lays the tray down. He begins to pour the tea for both of them. He removes his blazer, placing it on the back of his chair. He then fold his sleeves, starting with his last arm. When he folds his right sleeve, revealing a small tattoo of a shield.

Rin's stares curiously at the marking on his arm. When he finally sits down she speaks up.

"What's with the tattoo? Makes you look unprofessional."

He looks up at Rina Nd smiles as he shows her his tattoo. "Oh this old mark, this... is a reminder.... a symbol"

"Aren't all tattoos like that. It's always some kind of sympathetic reminder to people. Honestly it's pathetic that they have to mark their bodies permanently for a person that will eventually leave you" she looked down at her hands sitting in her lap.

"Yes that's what this mark means. It may be permanent but it remains to show me how important this person is to me."

"And who may this significant other be?" Rin crosses her arms awaiting an answer.

"My brother.... we were close like most siblings. But like most families we had issues especially him and father. Besides the issues and problems he causes the family he IS still family and most importantly my brother...no matter what happened I still forgive him...So enough about me I want to know about you"

"Why should I? Everything about me is written down and recorded in that stupid file you were reading when I walked in. All you have to do is read it... oh wait you probably have YOU just want me to repeat my story to you... like all those f*****g doctors before you"

Doctor Damien smirks at her remark. Rin notices this and starts to get any at the smirking man before her.

"What's so funny? I don't expect you to be different from the other doctors I met in this office... just to make this f*****g clear" she was and forward, inching her face closer and closer to the doctors. "all I need from you... is not sentimental talk because for all we know it's a waste of our time... no -  all I want you to do is get that prescription paper, write down the drugs I need, so I can keep pretending that I'm getting better... that's all the work you have to do... easy, right? You still get paid the same amount of money and I continue to fool the people around me so they know I'm getting the right treatments... so do us both a marvellous favour and quit this "I want to know you" b******t!"

Rin bangs her fist on the table spilling her cup of tea. She leans back in her chair, eyeing the tea on the table and floor. Doctor Damien grabs a handkerchief from his pocket and proceeds to wipe up the tea. He pours her another drink before sighing and speaking once more.

"I'm Sorry that I've offended you Rin, I Didn't mean to find your frustration amusing... it was just that you remind me a lot of him... my brother, I mean. You seem to have the same temper and attitudes but... different. That's why I still want to get to know you, to be honest I may have read a bit of your file it's protocol... but it doesn't mean I know you personally and I'm afraid you have to slowly open up to me... even if we have a bit of a rough start... and even if you don't want to talk it's fine. Rin I didn't find you funny... I was just feeling a bit nostalgic. As you already know family is important to me and I assume family is important to you too"

Rin turns her head to the side, not wanting to look at Doctor Damien.

"... is it ur sister? May I ask her name?"

She turns her attention back to the doctor. "Her name is Lisa... And I would like it if we can leave her out of this."

"Well you care about her that much... is she the closest family member you care about?"

"She's the ONLY family member I HAVE."

"... I see I'm well aware of who you have as a family and I know the tragedy you have witnessed when you were young. It's as you said it's all in your file. But the most important thing I want to do for YOU is to make sure that I WONT be the last doctor you'll ever see, if you keep messing around and not try your hardest then am afraid your gonna find yourself in a place you don't want to be in. I want you to understand that I'm here to help you find answers for YOU to move on."

Rin begins to relax, she feels oddly comfortable with this doctor. It was definitely something she had not experienced before with her doctors. She felt like she could trust him, like he understood everything about her.

He quickly writes a note for the pharmacy before guiding Rin out of the room. Maybe he was trustworthy after all.