Insanity

*Rin's P.O.V.*

"WAIT NO!" My eyes shot open only to be met by a big pair of blue eyes, staring at me with concern plastered across her face.

"Rin! Are you okay? You was screaming in your sleep again, was it another nightmare." Lisa grabbed my shoulders and pulled me into a hug. She was warm, her soft dressing gown rubbing against my cheeks as she breathed deeply.

I could feel her chest rising and falling with each passing moment. Her heart rate had called after a few moments, which made me feel better. Knowing that she was relaxed, i removed myself from her grasp.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just a bad dream, that's all" I tucked the lose hairs on my head behind my ears. I tried to avoid eye contact with my older sibling. I wish that I didn't have to keep this a secret. But what else am i meant to do, when the dreams of my demons returned.

She would send me back to that place. I didn't want to go back there. Not again.

*Flashback* (play song (at top))

I was 17, trapped. Surrounded by four white walls, a bed and a single window. I sat facing the door of my tiny room. Was I talking to myself, or was there someone there. I don't remember.

"Day 419...Ugh" i marked the floor with yet another small line. Tomorrow was not going to be a good day. I waited for the small hole in the door to slide open. Hours went by. I didn't move. Not even an inch. I would sing, all day. Waiting for him to open the hatch.

"All my life, i play like a winner. But all i see looking back in the mirror. Are demons in my head, the demons in my head" It wasn't a popular song but definitely one that was relatable to me. It was a relatively new song at the time. Well it was the last song i had heard before i was locked in this place.

I would wait endless days in the same place. Waiting to be free or have any sort of communication other than these 4 walls. I would sit there thinking about what i had done. If i could have avoided it. But no-one understands me, or what I've been through.

They don't understand the pleasure of holding a sharp metal object to someone's throat, and slowly applying pressure until you can hear the skin breaking under the pressure. Or the feeling of the blood dripping off your hands, warm, full of life, slowly being drained out of the living being which hosted the small cells for so long.

So this is what insanity feels like?
Huh...
It's actually pretty fun!