FTWD- Chris Mawana

After a long day at school, I walked to the bus stop and waited for awhile until the bus arrived. As I pay the bus driver, I walk to a empty seat and sit down. I begin to take out my headphones from my backpack and started to go to the pandora app. I pick my favorite artist radio and place my head on the window as I listen to my music.

For awhile, I begin to get a feeling as if someone is watching me. I looked over to the other seats across from me and see a cute boy looking at me.

I give a small smile before going back onto my phone. The bus suddenly stopped making my eyebrows furrow in confusion. I take my headphones out and notice a man charge in.
" Yo a cope just shot a unarmed homeless man!" He shouts before running off the bus. Everyone gets up except me, I hesitate at first knowing I would be safer in here, but then I notice the boy get up and walk off the bus.

I finally decided that I would join and get off the bus since the bus driver wasn't even in the bus either.

I begin to look over people's shoulders, seeing a cop pointing a gun at a woman.
Everyone around started shouting and pushing making me become uncomfortable.
I then see the boy from earlier and saw he was recording on a camera. I made my way over to him and tap his shoulder.

As he looks at me, noticing who I was, he stopped recording on the camera as he stared at me.

" Hey! Kid don't stop recording!" Someone yelled at him, The boy then turned away from me and started recording again. I sigh and watch a cop then walk over to the boy and yell at him for recording, but he doesn't stop.

" Come on, listen to him." I yell at the boy and put my hand on his arm getting his attention.
" No! People need to see this!" He yells at me and continues recording. This made me roll my eyes but begin to watch the scene happening in front of me.

A minute later his phone goes off, and picks it up. I then watch him as he begins to protest with the person behind the phone, probably his parents.
" How the hell am I going to get home?!" I groan out to myself in frustration noticing everything is blocked off.

--
A hour later an I'm still in a crowd of yelling angry people, and I'm getting nervous. It was going to be dark soon and I had no way home. My parents wouldn't even pick up their phones so I just wanted to give up.

" Hey! How are you getting home?!" The kid yells to me, probably seeing how frustrated I must looked trying to reach my parents for the 20th time.
" I'm not sure, my parents aren't picking up."  I yell back to him because of how loud it was.

I then see two people pull the boys arm as they begin yell at him, most likely his parents. The boy tries to talk to them but both of them just start pulling him away from the crowd.

No! He's my only way home...
Well. I guess I'm walking.

" Wait!" He yells at them both and somehow grabs my wrist and pulls me out of the crowd. I then see the parents stare at me in confusion but start pulling their son and I behind them.

" Thank you." I tell the boy and he just nods and grabs my hand following his parents.
I looked around and saw people breaking things, starting fires, and people jumping on cars.

I could tell it was going to get worse throughout the night...

The boys father and mother somehow convinced the barber to let us into his shop until this was over. I then sat down in a chair and tried to reach my parents again but still no response.

" Fuck!" I whisper out to myself and rub my forehead in frustration. It was 7:45 and my parents were off today, and there was no text nor call from them.

" Nothing yet?" The boy asks as I shake my head disappointed. I watch him rub my back a bit trying to comfort me.
" Look, let me talk to my dad. Maybe you could stay with us tonight." He says as I look up at him and nod giving a faint smile.

I received a smile back and watch him walk over to his mother first and then father. I watch them both stare at me and look back at Chris.
After a minute of Chris convincing he comes back.

" They said yes, and that you could stay with us as long as you need." He tells me as I smile in relief and hug him.
" Thank you- Wait what's you're name?" I say to him as he just smiles widely at me before responding.
" I'm Chris Manwanna, and no problem." He says to me.
" I'm Y/N  L/N." I say as we both nervously chuckle and soon get to know one another.