FTWD- Chris Manwana

Ever since the outbreak, and ever since Chris lost his mom, Chris began to act different.
I didn't like that the fact my best friend was turning into some type of monster.
Chris, his dad, and I had left everyone back at Cecelia's home.

I can't get the image out of my head when Chris tried to kill and hurt his father. I don't need to upset him anymore so I act like I'm fine about what happened.

I watch Travis start a fire, he struggled but somehow managed to get it started. It was getting late, and I watched Chris fall peacefully asleep. I then look up at Travis and see him staring at his son sadly.

I feel bad for him...

" You are a great dad Travis." I tell as I watch Travis look up with me with sad eyes.
" No, I'm not. I wish I could've done better." Travis told me as he stares back at his son.
" Travis you are wrong. You protected your son, you got him this far. You should be proud of that. Chris may not understand or want to admit that you did your best. But I know you did. Hell everyone in our group did. Chris just needs time." I tell him as he just gives me a faint smile before nodding his head.

" Thanks Y/N. Im glad your here, your good for Chris." He says making me smile. I then look over Travis shoulder she see a car driving towards us. My eyes widen and I instantly put out the fire as Travis wakes his son up.

" Dad what the hell?" Chris mumbles, clearly annoyed with his father.
" Get up Chris! We have to go. NOW." I tell him as I watch him get up and grab his backpack and look at he car coming closer to us.

"We need to hide." Travis whisper yells, I then run towards a random large bush.
" Hurry get in!" I whisper yell and crouch down further into the bush as Travis and Chris hid in the bush with me.

" We know you are here! We saw you guys take some of our supplies back at the shops earlier today." Someone tells us as I look at Chris confused as he just ignores me and looks away.
" We are no harm. You saved one of us back there. We were actually thinking about asking you guys to join us." The same voice says as we then watch a light of a flashlight point towards our direction.

Shit.

I then watch Chris jump out of the bush with his hands up. I then watch his father do the same making me groan in frustration.
" What the hell! You know you can't trust just anyone Chris! They can kill us!" I yell at my best friend in frustration.

" They said they were safe, and wanted us to join them." Chris defends himself only earning me to roll my eyes.
" Yeah babe, come on don't freak." The tall one
comments. I just ignore them and turn my attention towards Chris.

" Chris we had a group, now you want to make a new group with total strangers?." I say to him as he just grabs my wrist and pulls me close to him.
" They won't judge me, not how the others did to me back there." He whispers to me as he then strokes my cheek with his thumb before giving me a small smile.

I just pull away and back away from him and stare at Travis. I give him a look but he does nothing. He's scared of his own son.

Pussy.

" So are we a team or not babe?" The same boy asks only making me give the three of them a death glare and don't respond.

" Well?" The boy asks looking at Chris now.

" Yeah we are." Chris tells him before I or Travis could say anything.

Before I know it, I'm sitting in a back of a random teenagers truck.

I can't believe I let this happen...