Yang x Aunt!Reader

DISCLAIMER: Some of my ideas for this idea I got while watching JAConemanband on YouTube!

You can choose which one of them you want to wear!
POV: Reader

I arrived at my brother, Tai's house and put my weapon away before knocking on the wooden door. Moments later, it flung open to reveal the male i was looking for. "Hey Tai! I heard you wanted me to come help?" I greet as Tai lets me into the house. "Hey sis, why don't you go say hi to your niece? I've got a quick errand to run." He suggests before walking past me and out the door.
I walk into the living room to see Yang boredly watching tv. "Yang! Long time no see!" I happily greet her as I plop next to her on the couch. "Hey Aunt (y/n)." Yang responds with little to no trace of emotion in her voice. She keeps switching the channels, but it always somehow connects to the fall of Beacon. After switching it about 4 times, she finally decides to keep it off. "I'm home!" Tai exclaims as he opens and closes the door. "Wow, when you said quick you really meant it!" I laugh. "Hey dad." Yang greets with a bored voice. "Guess what came in today!" He asks with excitement. Oooh! So his errand was probably just to the mailbox.
Tai walks around so he's infront of us, putting all the boxes down. "What?" My niece questions, confused. "I can't wait for you to try this." He says to himself. Yang looks down at what's left of her right arm, then looks back to her father who is walking towards her with a large box in his hand that has the Atlas symbol on the cover. "Well?!" He asks in anticipation as he places it on the coffee table in front of Yang.
"It's.. for me?" She asks, sounding like she doesn't believe it. "For you and you only." My brother responss with a smile. I silently watch, observing both of their emotions. Yang gently takes the cover off the box to revel an Atlesian robotic arm. "Brand new, state of the art, Atlas tech. Y'know, I thought I was gonna have to pull a few strings, call a few favors. But you earned this one all on your own, kiddo." Tai states proudly. "Huh?" Yang responds.
"Before I could even talk to him, General Ironwood already had one of the top scientists working on this, for you!... he wanted me to tell you that you fought admirably, you should be proud of yourself...... Well, you gonna try it on?" My brother states, with me giving him the 'I think this is too much at the moment' look. "I uh- I'm not feeling too great right now, maybe later?" Yang responds, not making eye contact with her father. "*sigh* Well, alright." Tai sighs, and Yang walks upstairs. "Thanks, dad." She says before walking the rest of the way up.
Once I think she's out of earshot, I stand up and turn to Tai. "What were you thinking Tai?!" I ask with anger. "What?! What did I do wrong?!" He responds with confusion laced into every word. "Yang lost her arm!! She lost a part of herself don't you understand that?! Not only physically but mentally aswell!" I exclaim. "I know that!! I thought that the robotic arm would help her get back to the same girl she was before!" Tai matches my volume. "SHE LOST A PART OF HERSELF!! SHE WILL NEVER BE THE EXACT SAME AS SHE WAS!!!!!" I shout before walking to where I'll be staying while I'm here to put my things away.

Time Skip

  "Tai! Yang just tried the arm on yesterday, she shouldn't spar yet!" I shout at him while we're outside. "She said she's ready and wants yo do it! So I'm letting her!" He matches my volume. "Don't you think she should get used to using it with everyday things first, then start sparring?!?!" I yell, furious at him. We may be siblings, but we never got along. Even when we were kids we'd fight over stupid things. But this is his daughter!
"You're speaking as if you are her and you know what's best for her! Well, I'm her father!" He shouts back. "You don't know how she feels right now!!!" I reply. "And you do?!?!?" Tai covers his mouth right after he said that as tears slowly trickle down my cheeks. "(Y/n), you know I didn't-" he begins but I stomp on his foot with my left leg and run off.

Flashback.. (14 years old)

I was running through the forest, without a care in the world with a worried Tai not too far behind. Running through the woods was something I'd do on a regular basis, but this was Tai's first time coming with me. This is because I would do it in secret, but he found out so he convinced me to let him tag along. I'm glad I did. After a little while of running around and playing, we both were exhausted. I told Tai to go back home and that I'd catch up soon. Not too long after he left my line of vision, I heard a sound from behind me. It took me a few seconds to spot the large, unfamiliar grimm that slowly made it's way in my direction. The pace of it's walking began to speed up as it sensed my fear of it, so I bolted in the direction of my brother. I ran with it on my tail, but it didn't take long for it to catch up to me.
It grabbed me by my left leg and held me up in the air. "TAI!!!!" I scream with fear laced into his name. I could hear the sound of his rapid footsteps getting closer. He wasn't fast enough though, the monster that was holding me had already bitten my left leg from the knee cap down, only my thigh remaining. My older brother arrived just as that took place and killed off the grimm quickly. He picked up my unconcious form and ran faster than ever before to get me to the nearest medic, not even stopping at home.

Small Time Skip...

I woke up days later in a hospital with my leg - well, what's left of it - wrapped up with thick layers of bandages. The room was filled with a dull color sceme that consisted of whites, greys, and blacks. What made the room colorful were the get-well soon gifts I spot, scattered around the room. There is a variety of things from flowers to stuffed animals, and from balloons to cards.
About a week later I got to go home on crutches, and a few weeks after that the stitches and cast were taken off/out. I still had to wait months before getting a metal replacement though. I had used to love dancing, swimming, jumprope, and many other things that I vouldn't do anymore because I had one leg. After those agonizing months with the cruthes, the robotic leg came in. It took a few weeks to get used to, but i was finally able to go anout eveyday life with it. And it didn't stop me from becoming a huntress like my big brother either, who was on his freshman year of Beacon...

Flashback over..

What hurts the most in the present, is that I do know how Yang feels. I was still a student in Signal at the time, and my weapon that I used - and use today - were boots with built in guns, so I couldn't fight either. I had to wait until I got used to having the robotic leg in order to go and fight.
I just .. I just want what's best for Yang right now....

The Next Day...

I stand in the sparring area outside, in a semi-relaxed fighting position. "I'm gonna go a but easy on you ok? So that you can get used to using the arm." I tell my niece as she also gets into position. "I'm fine, Aunt (y/n)." Yang responds with a smirk. I nod my head with a smile and tie does the countdown. "3...2...1...Start!".
During the first few spars the robotic arm wasn't really ... agreeing with her. She still needs to learn how to control it before successfully sparring. "UGH!" She rips the metal arm off and angrily walks back inside.
I follow her gently, leaving Tai outside to his thoughts. When I approach Yang, I see that she has tears racing down her face. "Hey, Yang are you ok?" I ask carefully as I place a hand on her shoulder. "No. I never will be able to fight the same again, with or without the Atlas Tech Robo Arm." Yang sulks. "I know how that feels. I also know how much that feeling sucks." I attempt to comfort her. "How?!?!" She raises her voice a little. Yang looks over at me before looking at the ground. I smile before pulling up the left leg of my pants - only lifting it up to the knee - to show Yang my metal leg. "B-but, how?" Yang asks with shock evident in her voice. "Heh, I got attacked by a grimm when I was 14 that I had never seen before. I won't go into too much detail but long-story short, Tai saved me, but was too late to save my leg. It took about a half a year until I was healed and got used to this metal thing." I tap my left shin. "I think I'm ready now." Yang states semi-confidently. "For what?" I question, tilting my head. "To learn how to use the arm." She replies with a smile and I return it. "Let's get started then."