Mercury x Reader

Partners In Crime

Featured OC: Kai Jones by OfficialYuri

Volume/AU: Volume 2 and 4

Mercury x Reader Requested by: AnimeGamerGirl23

POV: Reader

Flaskback

I walked through the streets, (e/c) eyes scanning the surrounding area as I made sure the coast was clear. I was searching for my sister, she and I had ran away from our orphanage together but got seperated in the process. I swore I was being careful but I guess not careful enough when I was pinned to a wall with one swift movement.
  "Give me all your valubles and I'll be on my way" they said calmly, staring into my dull (e/c) eyes with their own icy blue ones. "I don't got anything valuble, now get off me before I make you" I stated boldly, glaring right at them. Their undercut hair was flopped over and a chocolatey brown, their cropped black leather jacket slightly worn. Those are the only observations I could make before they released me.
  "So, I heard you whispering about finding your sister earlier, how about we make a deal?" They questioned, leaning casually against the brick wall. "What kind of deal?" My curiosity grew, what were they getting at? "I'll help you find your sister, and you help me steal stuff. We'll train together." They offered, holding their hand out for me to shake. "Alright, deal." I shook their cold hand.
  "Well we're gonna be working together so I should probably introduce myself. I'm Kai Jones." My blue eyed partner stated. "Sweet, I'm (y/n) Sustrai."

• TIME SKIP •

  Kai and I sat in our hideout in Atlas, drinking some stolen tea that we got from a store in Atlas called 'Tik Tok Tea'

  Kai and I sat in our hideout in Atlas, drinking some stolen tea that we got from a store in Atlas called 'Tik Tok Tea'. A comfortable silence filled the room, which happens quite often. That was when the sound of glass shattering entered our ears. The two of us grabbed our weapons, creeping towards the sound. We couldn't see anything but a broken window, until I heard a thump. Everything went in slow motion after that. I turned in horror to see Kai's body cut clean in half an an older man with a bloodied broad sword. My ear piercing scream filled the air as I hit a pressure point on the hunstman, immobilizing him and giving me time to run for my life. Tears streamed down my face like two small waterfalls as I searched for a new home.

• TIME SKIP •

PICK ONE

  I wandered the streets of Vale, 2 months after Kai was brutally murdered. Some commotion was coming from the main common, and I decided to check it out. That's when I saw Grimm flooding the area, but that wasn't what caught me by surprise. It was a girl fighting off the Grimm with short green hair, and a revealing outfit on. "Emerald....?" I asked quietly, causing her to turn towards me. "Wait... (y/n)?!?!" My sister asked in surprise, me nodding in response. Emerald finished off the Grimm she was fighting and ran over to me, welcoming me in an embrace. The reunion was shortly disrupted by someone clearing their throat.
  We both turned to see a boy around our age with grey hair, dark grey eyes and a confused look on his face. One word came to mind when I saw him.... hot. "Em who's this?" The new guy asked as I stared at him. "Merc, this is my younger sister (y/n), (y/n) this is Mercury or Merc." Emerald introduced us. Oh my grimm even his name is hot. "I'm only younger by 5 minutes!" I complained, folding my arms over my chest. This childish action caused both her and Mercury to chuckle.

End Of Flashback

YOUR OUTFIT IS THE BROWN ONE ON THE RIGHT

It has now been 7 months since I've been with Merc and Em, and a lot has happened. Beacon fell, Mercury asked me out, Cinder got scarred by a silver eyed warrior. Oh, you wanna know about Mercury and I? Well, it all started when....

ANOTHER FLASKBACK DEAL WITH IT

I joined Emerald and the rest one month ago and I've been truly embracing my evil side. The crush I've had on Mercury has grown quickly, and I've become much more confident about it. Today, I'm finally going to ask him out. I won't wait on him and I certainly won't hide it any longer!
  Earlier that day I had given Merc a note telling him to meet me. And he finally showed up. "So, what's this all about?" He asks, naïve to what I'm doing. To make it more obvious, I lock the door and pin him to it. Maybe a little extreme, but this should get the message across. "What are you-" I cut Merc off by slamming my lips into his. It takes a second for him to register what's happening, but soon enough he kisses back with full force. Once we pull away after a heated kiss, I ask him "wanna go out sometime?". Mercury smirked, cheeks tinted with an almost invisible layer of pink and slams his lips into mine once more.

END OF FLASHBACK

Now, we're at Salem's hideout in who-knows-where, looking out at the Grimm being created while holding hands. It may have not been the perfect love story, but it's ours. And I wholeheartedly love my partner in crime.