Chapter Four

Avi's P.O.V.

     Dani slept for a long time. People walking past the open door looked at us with pity. They didn't even know what she was here for. She would open her eyes every now and again, smile at me, but she would close them again soon. Scott walked past the door, glancing at me, then came back. "Nurse directed me the wrong way. How is she?" His voice sounded forced. His gaze kept drifting from us to a wall pattern around us. "She's getting better. She'll be released in a few hours." He nodded. "I told Mitch and Kevin. They didn't come though." He sighed. Dani shifted and opened her eyes. "Scott!" she exclaimed. She suddenly blushed and crawled off my lap. She gave him a hug. Scott hugged her for a bit too long, I started to get irritated, not to mention jealous. Scott let her go and she forced a smile at us. She could feel the tension in the room. "How long til I get to go to my dorm and pack?" She asked. Her chocolate eyes lit up. "So you already told her?" "I needed to give her good news. After what just happened..." Her face fell and she leaned against the wall, her face full of wonder. "I shouldn't have brought that up." I whispered to them. "It's impossible to not be reminded of that Avi." She turned away from me and leaned against the wall.  "Come on, let's go pack your stuff." Scott held out his hand and she took it. Jealousy pitted in my stomach.

     After many hours in her dorm room that smelled horrible still, we got her packed into the car and off towards our house we were staying in. "I'm so excited!" She smiled.

A/N: Sorry for the VERY short chapter. I wanted to get something out there!