Chapter Five

I held Scott's hand. His bright blue eyes stared into mine. "I'm so happy..." his voice sounded so far away. "Me too." On the other side appeared Avi and I immediately tore my hand out of Scott's grip. "Now I'm happy." Avi smiled. But Scott didn't show any hurt. "Who do you love?" Scott asked. Avi dropped my hand. They both stood by eachother, each with their beautiful smiles. I didn't know what to choose. So I opened my eyes and whisked away the beautiful dream...

    I woke up with sweat beaded on my brow. I didn't know if it was from the dream or from the hotness in the room. I cracked open my window and sighed. Ever since I stared into Scott's eyes I've been having mixed feelings about it all. I didn't understand my attraction to Avi either. I leaned outside and looked at the neon lights. I swung my legs over the sill and sat there, feeling the breeze caress my skin and look at the lights. It was a big mistake, because it usually lead to thinking.

     How lucky was I to live with Pentatonix for a month? I considered it to be pretty lucky. Any hardcore fan would jump at the oppurtunity to hang with them. I didn't want this to turn out to be a downer vacation about feelings. I wanted to have fun! A rush of adrenaline surged through my body at the thought of what I could do. My normal self would not do anything like what I was thinking of. That was enough to make me tired again. "Are you hot?" Scott's voice invaded my peaceful thinking. "Yeah. I was just about to close the window." "It's fine. I just heard the window open and panicked... because of..." He bit his lip and sat next to me in the window. "Are you okay?" He looked at my face and I nodded. His arms wrapped around me and I stiffened. "Just relax." He began to rub my back and bury his face into my hair. "It's okay." I don't know why, but I started to cry. I grabbed fistfuls of his shirt and let it all out. My confusion, anger, sadness, depression, everything that happened rolled out of me and I felt empty of emotions. "I'm fine now." I sniffled. He pulled away and smiled. "I'm so sorry about your shirt..." It was drenched and sticking to his body. "I would need to get my emotions out too. Trust me... this shirt was long gone!" He laughed and I sat there chuckling, even though I didn't get what was so funny. He leaned over and I froze. He kissed my forehead and swung his legs over the side of the sill, walking to the door. "Try to get some sleep. We're going to the beach tomorrow." My hand reached to the spot he kissed my forehead. There was alot of sparks there. I groaned and fell backwards onto the carpet. I was more confused than ever.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

     I woke up in an awkward position on the floor. I got up and my neck was stiff. I rubbed it as I stumbled towards my closet. I pulled out a white v-neck and some high-waisted shorts. I brushed my hair as I walked into the kitchen. Kirstie and Mitch were the only ones up and they were whispering with their backs to me. "Morning." I whispered in the middle of them. They both jumped away and stared at me. Kirstie grinned at me. "Good morning!" Mitch gave me a side hug from the stool and beckoned me to sit next to him. "What do you want to eat?" I got up. "I'll cook my own breakfast, I don't want to be rude, but I don't want to let you see me as worthless." I looked in the fridge and saw eggs, ham, and sausage. I cooked them and during that time Kevin and Avi woke up. My heart flipped at the sight of Avi and his bedhead. Kevin flopped down besides Mitch and looked at me expectantly. "Since you're cooking, how about you make me a plate too?" He grinned and gestured towards the frying pans. "Since I'm cooking..." When I was done I gave Kevin a plate and gestured to Avi. "Want some?" "I'll just mooch off of Kevin." He stole a piece of ham and walked towards the living room. He plopped down on the couch and turned on the news. I waited for Scott to appear. But he didn't. I sighed and ate my breakfast. "Want any?" I asked Kirstie and Mitch. "We already ate." Kirstie told me. I absentmindedly nodded and focused on my eggs. They didn't look that good actually... "Looks like the normal early bird wasn't so early this morning." Kirstie cut through my thoughts. I looked up and my heart flipped, again. Scott emerged from his bedroom with his hair everywhere. It looked adorable! I pushed my hair out of my eyes and smiled at Scott. He looked in my direction and smiled too. "Hey Scott! I made breakfast, want any?" Avi's head shot up. "I'm actually hungry now!" He chimed in. "You said you would steal from Kevin's plate so I didn't make you a plate..." "Let him have it, I'll eat the rest of yours." Scott snatched my plate from under me and I protested, "Hey! I wasn't done!" "Now you are!" He began to eat and I huffed. "If that isn't a crush then I don't know what is." Kirstie whispered to Mitch. Mitch chuckled under his breath. I looked at their direction and a blushed formed on my cheeks. "Here you go Avi." I handed his plate to him and he smiled. "Thank you." I nodded and leaned against the counter. "Hope everyone got enough rest, we're going to run around alot..." Kirstie smiled.