Chapter 22

Someone was knocking on Avi's door at midnight. I shook Avi awake. He looked towards the door and got out of bed, slipping on shorts and throwing me his shirt. I slipped on my underwear then threw on the shirt. It smelled like Avi. I sat on the bed. Avi opened the door only a little bit. "Scott? What are you doing? It's midnight."

"I don't know where Danielle is, I was going to ask her something... but she isn't in her bedroom." Avi opened the door. Scott saw me and he glared at me. Why was he glaring me? "Oh." He didn't say anything else. He left and Avi looked back at me with a confused expression. "What was that about?" 

"I don't know... maybe I should go talk to him..." Avi looked at me with a weird expression. "Keep the bed warm for me. Please." I left the room. I heard Avi exhale. The sheets rustled. My feet were loud going down the stairs. I knocked on Scott's door. What was I going to say?

"Scott?" Was the only thing I could think of. "Go away." He mumbled. "No, we're going to work this out. Let me in!" My voice raised above a whisper. Scott groaned and stomped over to the door. His mouth was open, but I cut him off, "What the hell is your problem?"

"You're my problem! You can't make up your damn mind about who you love. Me or Avi? It's that simple." He glared at me. "Why does it matter to you? Scott... I love you like a brother, I can count on you, but right now you're being immature."

"Atleast I'm not sleeping around with every guy here!" It didn't faze me. He looked shocked at my unchanging expression. "Let me say this slowly. I. Love. Avi. Scott, I can't deal with it anymore, it seems like I'm constantly fighting with someone. Please, just let it go!" He shook his head. "Get out of my bedroom." He pushed me and I fell to the ground. My head hit the floor, but Scott only shut his door. A small click told me it was locked. He wasn't coming back out.

Rubbing my head, I walked back up the steps. I went directly into Avi's room and laid in the bed, above the blankets. "What happened?" Avi sighed. I shook my head. "I don't want to talk about it." I whispered. He wrapped his arm around my waist and I sighed, relaxing into his warm chest. I shrugged his shirt off and faced him. He gave me a warm smile and softly pressed his lips to mine. Only for a sliver of a second. I cherished that one small kiss, as simple as it was. "I love you, Avi Kaplan." I smiled. He grinned. "I love you too, Danielle." I tucked my head under his chin and fell asleep. 

---------------------------------------------------

I woke up to someone yelling downstairs. We were still snuggled close together, but Avi was awake now. "Why are they yelling?"

"Scott's having a breakdown. He cursed me out and I came back up here." I noticed then he was fully clothed. "Maybe I should get dressed." I pulled on the leggings and shirt and sat back on the bed. Avi sat next to me and rubbed my back. "It's not your fault." He told me. "Avi... I told Scott I loved you. And he flipped out... it was in the tone of his voice. He hates me." My voice cracked on the word 'hates'. I heard Kevin yell something then Kirstie tried to calm them down. Where was Mitch? 

"Get over her Scott!" Kirstie yelled. Scott replied with a strangled voice. I didn't know what he said. "He doesn't hate you... I understand he still likes you... but you can't let him get to you. Not again." His voice was pleading. "I'm not leaving your side. I promise." Mitch yelled, "Quiet down! I'm trying to sleep!" His door slammed shut. "I need to talk to him. I'm scared though..." I looked up at Avi. His eyes were sad and troubled. "Give him some time."

"We don't have a lot of time. We leave in 3 days and there will be so much tension. Let me fix this. Promise me you'll stay with me no matter what I do." He looked at me shocked. "What are you planning to do?" I shrugged, "I don't know... but knowing me I'll do something stupid." Avi nodded and kissed my forehead. "You should stay up here... just to be safe." 

"No, I'm going down there with you, I'll just lounge on the couch or something." He followed me out the door and the house became quiet. Avi urged me down the stairs and I swallowed. Scott was leaning against the island with his head in his hands. He was shaking. Kirstie was rubbing his back and Kevin was sitting in the kitchen, sighing. Avi sat on the couch and everyone waitied for me to say something. "Scott." My voice was loud, and it echoed. He looked up and shot me a look of pure hatred and scorn. "What do you want? Didn't I make myself clear last night? I wanted you out." 

"Is that true?" Kirstie asked me. "He did tell me to get out... but Scott... I want to fix this."

"What's there to fix? I'm tired of your games! First you love me, then you don't, you show signs of it, then I catch evidence you slept with Avi last night. What is there to fix?" Kirstie looked at Avi in pure horror. His face blushed crimson. Avi got up and went behind me, clutching my waist. "Scott... I'm sorry... I am so sorry. I never meant to give you the wrong impression! I can't stand us fighting like this... please just forgive me." Scott shook his head. "No. Not this time. We are not going back to that. Ever again. In three days you'll be gone. I won't have to see you and Avi will be heartbroken. Is that what you want to do to this band?" 

"I don't want to break this band apart!" 

"Besides, she's coming with us on tour!" Avi spoke up. I shot him a glare. Scott sighed. "No... she's not coming with us!" He stalked up to me and I looked him in the eyes. Avi clutched my hand. He stepped in front of me, and glared at Scott. "Don't touch her." Avi's voice was deeper than normal and it held back a warning. I knew Avi was strong... but Scott. I didn't know, and I didn't want to find out either. Scott looked to me. "Please... just stop this." He pleaded. I pushed Avi aside, "Stay close." I whispered. I hesitantly reached up to Scott's face and brushed his cheek. "Scott. I'm sorry. Please, please forgive me." I hugged him. I could hear his heart. His arms hesitantly wrapped around me. He rested his head on top of mine. "I'm sorry... for the way I acted."

"No, you don't need to apologize. It was my fault."

"GROUP HUG!" Mitch yelled, and everyone pressed together against me and Scott. I laughed. Thank goodness things were finally all right between us. Now could they stay that way?

-------------------------------

This is the end of Book One. I will be starting a second book as soon as possible. It'll take place after the tour, one year later.

Help this book get noticed! I hope I did a decent job! If you enjoyed it I would appreciate comments about your favorite part(s).

Until next time! <3