Chapter 19

A/N: Hey guys! I noticed we are almost at 400 reads... I just wanna say thank you to everyone who has been reading and putting up with my weird schedule. I love writing this! 

Comment and Vote!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Avi played with my hair. "Your hair is soft." I smiled at him and leaned against him. He wrapped his arms around me. He rocked me back and forth, and I sighed. "Why does it seem like whenever we are alone, something always ruins the moment?" 

"Because we don't put a sock on the door." He joked. I lightly punched his chest and laughed. "You set yourself up for that." I leaned forward to kiss his cheek. He pulled me back and softly pressed his lips to mine. 

Someone had to knock. "Avi? Danielle?" Kirstie's voice sounded from underneath the door. I sighed and shot Avi a 'see?' look. He laughed. I opened the door. "Hey!" I greeted. Kirstie smiled. "We ordered chinese. Dinner's on the island." She gestured towards the kitchen. Avi appeared behind me. "Alright. Let's go eat. I'm starving!" He grabbed my hand and pulled me into the kitchen. Scott gave me a hurt look as I walked in with our hands intertwined. I looked away. I wouldn't cause a scene in front of everyone.

I filled my plate with various foods, mostly whatever Avi had on his plate. I usually didn't eat chinese food. He smiled at me and gestured for me to sit down next to him. I did, and I heard someone exhale slowly. I already lost my appetite, but I forced myself to eat a few spoonfuls of pork fried rice. Avi noticed I was poking around my food. "You okay?" He whispered. "I'm fine. Don't worry."

"Do you wanna talk about it?" I did... but I was too scared to talk to Avi about it in fear of what happened last time happening again. I shook my head. "Tell you what, let me take you out to a movie tonight. Or something else if you'd like." I nodded and forced a small smile. Avi grinned. He lightly pressed his lips to mine and went to pull away, but I put my hands on the side of his face and pulled him towards me. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Kirstie's jaw drop. Mitch widened his eyes and I didn't even want to look at Scott. I pulled away. "I'm not hungry anymore." I mumbled. I scraped the leftover food in into the trash and set my plate in the sink. I grabbed a towel and locked myself in the bathroom. Avi knocked on the door, "Dani..."

"I'm okay, I just need to freshen up..." My voice cracked. The door somehow opened and Avi came in. I could've sworn I locked it. He gathered me in his arms and I laid my head on his chest. "I'm sorry for causing that big scene back there..." I frowned. Avi rubbed my back and I sighed. "Dani, what was that all about? Was it something I did?" I shook my head. "It couldn't be you. I'm the one who kissed you. It's just... their looks..." I swallowed. "Their looks of disappointment. I didn't even want to see Scott's face... Was it something I've done? I didn't mean to..."

I wasn't aware I was just rambling along, not sure what to say, but I wanted to fill in the silence before I did something wrong. Avi didn't respond or try to cut me off for awhile. Then he finally did, "Dani, I'm not sure this'll work." My heart stopped. The room became blurry. "...What?" Avi dropped his arms and I stepped back. "Scott obviously still loves you... there's no doubt. It feels like you pay more attention to him then to me." The words didn't make sense. "What? How could you say that?" He shook his head. "Just take a shower Dani." His voice was so fragile and quiet. He opened the door, before I could stop them, I yelled, "What is wrong with you? I DON'T WANT TO BE WITH HIM!

I was sure Scott heard. Avi didn't respond, once again. He slammed his door shut and I slammed the bathroom door shut and let out the most bloodcurdling scream ever.

Scott's P.O.V.

Music blasted through my headphones. Don't think. Don't think about it. A scream erupted throughout the house and the dish Kirstie was cleaning crashed and shattered on the floor. I sat upright and stared at Mitch and Kirstie in horror. I threw my Mp3 aside and rushed to the bathroom. I knocked on the door while calling, "Danielle! Are you okay!" She didn't respond, soon the screams turned into loud sobs. 

I opened the door, praying she was still clothed, and saw her sprawled on the floor clutching at her shirt. Her face was red and her eyes lost their shine. She looked up at me in horror. "You DID this! YOU broke us up! Screw you! GET AWAY FROM ME!" She slammed the door in my face and the door crushed my nose. A sickening crack sounded and I stumbled back. I clutched my nose and my vision was clouding. "Mitch!" He ran to me. "Oh my god!" He exclaimed. Kirstie began to examine my face. "We should get you to the hospital." 

--------------------------- One and a half hour later ----------------------------

I came back from the hospital. I didn't want to face Danielle. She obviously didn't want to see me for awhile. If ever again. I went straight to my room while clutching my Mp3. I played our cover of  'Say Something' on repeat and laid down.

Danielle's P.O.V.

I didn't care about Scott's stupid nose. I didn't care about the man upstairs that just broke my heart. I didn't care about the knocking on my door. I sat on my bed. Numb.The knocking ceased and I fell back against the bed. "Danielle. Open up please." Kirstie's voice flowed under the door. "Just leave me alone... please..." Kirstie came in anyways. I groaned and glared at her. She sat on my bed. She didn't look at me.

"You hurt Scott."

"Screw him. I'm not talking to him again."

"You don't mean that." She looked at me with wide eyes. Much like Mitch's eyes when me and Avi... no. "I wish I did." I sighed. I heard someone jog down the stairs and I held my breath. I looked away from the open door. "Kirstie? Can I talk to you?" 

"No. I'm busy with Danielle. You can talk to me later Avi." 

Avi's P.O.V.

I messed up. I turned on my heel and stalked to Kevin's room. He could help me. I heard the slight picking of the cello. I waited outside the door for a moment, enjoying the beat. When he paused, I knew he knew I was outside his room. "Avi?" I opened the door. "I messed up, man!" I closed the door with a lot of force and I sat in a chair. I yanked the grey beanie out of my hair and I clutched it in my hands. "What happened this time?" He put down his cello. "I broke up with Dani over a stupid fight we had! I blew it! Didn't you hear her scream?"

"No, I was outside."

"She was screaming... and then after that was sobs... and I think she slammed the door in Scott's face... making him break his nose... I feel so guilty. Like it was my fault..." I looked to him as if he was going to argue it wasn't my fault. "It's not your fault. It's no one's fault... God Avi... you have to understand she's a fragile girl. She's not as strong as you are, you can take an insult pretty well... but she probably feels like her feelings were played with right now. You just got back together with her, almost made out with her during dinner... and I'm jealous. I hope I can find a girl like that someday. But... Avi... you're letting her slip through your fingers. I can't believe you're just going to go through with that." He stared me down. "Will she ever forgive me?" Kevin thought about it. "If you want a real answer... probably not. But it depends." I nodded. "Thanks man..." I got up and stumbled out the door. Did I really just ruin my chances? Danielle came out of her room, looking at the floor. She looked up through her bangs and noticed me. "Oh... Avi... I was just about to find you... I wanna ask you something." I raised my eyebrow. "Shoot." I said as calmly as possible. 

She took a deep breath. "How about we just stay friends... just to keep things calm..." She seemed nervous. But I want to be more than friends... I'm sorry Danielle... "You're hesitating... maybe I should just pack up and leave. This was a stupid decision." She turned. I grabbed her arm. "No, we should just be friends... I agree." I offered a reassuring smile. She didn't reciprocate. She didn't even meet my gaze. "Okay." I let my arm drop and she nodded. "So... goodnight." She spun on her heel and marched to her bedroom. I breathed out. What did I just get myself into?