Chapter 20

Hey guys! Last chapter was wierd for me. I wrote it twice because the first time my computer broke and I was enraged... so I rewrote it and the first time it was TOTALLY different... but now Avi and Danielle are friends. Yay?

Comment and Vote! :)

----------------------------------------------------------------

Danielle's P.O.V.

I woke up at 15 past nine. I groaned and got up. I decided to put on black leggings and a yellow shirt. Casual. I walked out into the kitchen to find it empty. On the fridge was a note from Kirstie.

      Dear Danielle, 

Avi, Mitch, Kevin, and I went out to Starbucks. Maybe to a mall later. Scott volunteered to stay behind and watch you. Play nice. Stop rolling your eyes and sighing! Apologize for breaking his news. I don't expect you to be making out on the couch when we get home.

                                     -Kirstie 

I sighed and looked towards Scott's room. He was playing on his piano. Why didn't I hear it earlier? I grabbed a granola bar and chewed on it while watching Scott play. He was deep into his music and didn't notice me. His eyes were closed shut and he was mouthing words. His voice broke through the silence of his words, and I closed my eyes, just enjoying the sound. Then he stopped. He was staring wide-eyed at me. "Oh... Danielle..." His face flushed a bright red. "Hey." I smiled meekly. He got up. "What do you need?" He stuffed his hands in his pockets. "I wanted to apologize... for my outburst and your nose." The floor looked interesting. He shifted towards me and nodded. "It's alright... I haven't been acting the best lately..." I held my hand out, finally looking him in the eye. "Friends?" I smiled. He shook it. "Friends." He smiled.

We decided to go out into the world. He claimed I was being too cooped up in the house and that caused me to go crazy. I silently agreed I was crazy. He drove me to the park and we walked side by side. Just my luck, that snotty girl from last year was there, with a new boyfriend. I would reconize that fake hair color anywhere. Scott noticed and looked away, pretending to be focused on me. He laced our fingers together and mouthed, "Just go with it. Please." I nodded and plastered on a huge smile. The snotty bitch looked our way and reconized who I was. With my other hand I gave her the finger. 

My smile was still on my face.

Scott chuckled at me. "Still hate her?" I nodded, my cheeks turning crimson. Scott looked ahead and the girl stomped away, skirt flying behind her. "What the hell?" Her boyfriend called after her. Scott looked towards them and the girl full on made out with her boyfriend in front of Scott. He looked unaffected. The girl growled in frustration and stomped away, again. This time she didn't come back. Scott let go of my hand immediately and I stuffed it in my sweater's pockets. I was sure my hands were sweating. "Hey!" Someone called. Scott turned around to see the girl's boyfriend. "May I help you?"

* A/N: This part right here has some words I'm not comfortable using, but teenage boys these days... swearing up a storm. Just a heads up!*

"My girlfriend was looking at you when she was upset. What'd you do to her, asshole?" He looked at me. "Did you cheat on her with this ugly whore?" I slapped him. He growled. "You better tell your whore not to do that again!" Scott gathered me in his arms protectively. "Excuse me mister, but you are seriously starting to get on my nerves. I don't care about your girlfriend, frankly, I barely know her. But here you are calling my girlfriend a whore while SHE'S the one who flirted with ME. Ask her about that, then get back to me." He turned me around and I said nothing. "Whatever faggot." Scott turned around and punched him in the jaw. I squealed and jumped back. I wasn't expecting that. "What did you say?" Scott's eyes were murderous. I couldn't do anything, I was just frozen in place, watching the scene in front of him. In the corner of my eye I saw the bitch recording Scott and her boyfriend. I ran towards her as fast as I could and snatched the camera. "Hey!" She was in heels so I knew I was in good shape, until I saw the huge shape of her boyfriend barreling towards me. He knocked me down and landed on top of me. All the breath in my lungs flew out as his weight settled on my stomach. "Scott..." I groaned. Scott wasn't anywhere to be seen, suddenly the huge football player was flung off to me and I heard the feminine voice I was so familiar with, "Oh my god!" Someone scooped me up and I struggled to breath. I saw the flash of a grey beanie. "Avi..." I groaned. "Don't say anything. You need to focus on breathing..." His words got hazy and I fell back, limp. I barely felt someone put me on the ground in the grass and yell out, "She's dying!" Someone began compressions. Something pressed my lips and I kept slipping into and out of focus. The next time someone pressed their lips to mine I felt a burst of air fly into my lungs and I kissed back the person who was giving me air. I opened my eyes and saw Avi above me. We both froze, his lips on mine still, but no one moved. Avi pulled away and didn't look at me. I tried to keep my eyes on the ground, but every now and again I would look at him.

"Awkward." Mitch laughed. Kevin slapped Avi on the back. "Did you ask her?" He said loudly. Avi mumbled something into his ear and Kevin's face fell. Ask me what? Avi looked at me. I realized I said that out loud. "Nothing. It was nothing." 

"No, tell me." I started this, I was going to end it with an answer. Kirstie pulled me aside. "Come on, you are friends, are you already going to jeopardize that?" I shook my head. I shot Avi a look that he would have to tell me later. He shook his head. Scott jogged up to us and we all looked to him. He wasn't bruised, but when he looked at me he immediately gave me a giant hug. Avi looked away. Kevin mumbled something and our gazes met. "It's for the best." I mouthed. "It's killing him." He mouthed back. "Are you okay? You look terrible!" Scott made me tear my gaze away from Kevin's. "I'm fine." Scott looked me over. "Why are you crying?" I shook my head. "Just take me home." I whispered. "Hey guys... I'm going to take her home." He grasped my hand and pulled me away. I looked back at Kevin and mouthed, "I'm sorry." Avi watched me go. His eyes were full of longing. What if this was just a big mistake?

We got home later. I went straight to my room. Scott didn't question me. I stared out the window. I was such a letdown. I could've brushed it off and said, "Whatever, let's get ice cream!" But instead my heart had to thump erratically around Avi. When Avi kissed me it was the best thing ever, but I told myself and Kirstie I wouldn't be caught up with Avi or Scott for the rest of my time here. 4 days. 4 days to get through while having to live alongside Avi and Scott. The thought made me feel lonely. 4 days of sitting in my bedroom, too afraid to come out in fear I would fall in love again. Dare I say the l word... I thought I was in love with Avi.

-----------------------------------------------------

This chapter was like very quick to write. I must have something with violence... that's basically all this chapter was. Comment and Rate! :)