Chapter 4: The Death Lockser

Edited 12th August 2017
Gray's POV (3 days later)

I woke up in the morning depressed, it had been three days since I lost her. The only person who I could think about was her. Her captivating eyes, her beautiful smile, her beautiful blue hair and her voice. Everything about her was beautiful. I know I won't be able to stop loving this woman. I finally plucked up the courage to get out of bed, get ready and head to the guild hall.

Juvia's POV

I woke up staring at the ceiling, I hadn't left my room in three days. Three days. It didn't stop raining since last night- or rather early hours of this morning, I would know I went to bed at exactly 3:46am. Sometimes I just watch the clock and the minutes go by one by one. I subconsciously get up and stand in the middle of the room, I knew what today was. I had to go back to the guildhall today.

I took out my phone from a cupboard in my kitchen, wondering how it got there? I had to throw in there because Gray~Sam- I mean Gray and everyone else was blowing up my phone because I haven't been turning up at the guildhall or answering my door. I just sat on my bed until I fell asleep, I hardly ate so I fainted a few times. I just couldn't do anything. I didn't want to do anything.

I looked at my phone:
06:53am
Lucy~San:
Juvia we're all really worried about you, please answer the phone
Gray:
Juvia answer the goddamn door! I'm worried! JUST ANSWER FOR GOD SAKES!
Natsu~San:
Yo r u ded? If you are who killed u?
Gray:
JUVIA ANSWER THE PHONE!
Erza~San:
I SWEAR JUVIA IF YOU DONT ANSWER THE PHONE OR THE DOOR I WILL PERSONALLY KICK IT DOWN WITH MY TEETH PICK YOU UP CARRY YOU TO THE GUILD HALL AND PUT YOU IN A BLENDER AND MAKE YOU CLEAN IT WITH A TOOTHBRUSH THEN INTERROGATE YOU FOR ANSWERS AND CHOAK YOU WITH A SPATULAR swipe to read the full message
97 missed calls

Damn Erza is... Creative. I head to the bathroom and take a long shower, then I go to my closet and picked out a black tank top and a blue skirt with a baggy blue cardigan. I wore my hair in a high pony tail and started to head off.

Gray's POV

I walked into the guild still very depressed. I kissed her, told her I loved her and she.... she rejected me. I guess I do deserve it after everything I have put her through. I am the BIGGEST idiot, this time I have really damaged her. I walked over to flamebrain and Lucy.

"Oh look who it is!" Lucy grumbled, "Look I have apologised to Juvia a thousand times!" I whined, "Really, she is so different now. You changed her. I don't recognise her properly, she doesn't speak in third person anymore, she doesn't call me love rival, she doesn't include the sans, chans or samas to our names anymore!" Lucy cried,
"I-I hate myself," I stuttered, "You're an idiot, Elsa!" Natsu laughed from across the table,then the guild door opened and there she was...

Juvia's POV

I entered the guildhall with my head held high. Everyone gasped and became silent, "Hi," I shyly said, "JUVIA!!!!" Everyone screamed and ran to me, "Juvia come over here so I can kill you!" Erza boomed, "Crap crap crap run run!" I said quickly as I dodged a sword, "Erza, calm down I'm sure Juvia has her reasons," Mira said reasonably.

After that encounter the atmosphere of the guild transferred back to normal, I went to go and sit down with Erza, Lucy, Natsu, Wendy and him. I was welcomed to the table and started talking to Lucy about going on jobs, everything was fine except for the stares I got from Gray. He wouldn't stop staring, he was motionless, he didn't talk, he just stared. I avoided it to the best of my ability, but it just got too unbearable.

I decided to go and see Gajeel and Levy, they've been dating for months now it's so sweet! Mira almost died when Gajeel kissed Levy in front of everyone when he confessed, he was so sincere and even called her by her actual name for once!

"Hey guys!" I smiled, "Hiya Ju-Chan how are you!?" Levy exclaimed holding both of my hands and smiling, she seemed very excited, "I'm great how about you?" I said softly at the smiling bluenette, "I'm amazingly content! I just got this new book and it's the BEST book I had ever read!" She exclaimed enthusiastically, "That's cool-" Gajeel cut me off "Uh Rain Woman can I have a word?" "Um sure??" I said as he lead me to the guild library.

Gray's POV

She's back. She's safe. She's unfamiliar. I stared at this woman in disbelief, studying her, the way she moved, the way she talked. It was like her but it wasn't. I couldn't handle this. I couldn't.

Juvia's POV

"Okay so first thing," He said pondering. Two awkward minutes passed. "Gajeel in the nicest way possible I DIDN'T COME HERE FOR NOTHING SO STOP BEING A WEENIE AND SPIT IT OUT!" I yelled, "GAHHH Well um I-I-I'm gonna ask Levy to marry me," he said quickly, "Eh?!" I yelled with stars in my eyes and bursting with excitement.
"Oi Rain Woman say something you're being creepy," "I want to to help me pick out a ring...." He said, "ARE YOU KIDDING I'D FREAKING LOVE TO!" "OH MY MAVIS I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU YA BIG WEIRDO!" I shouted hugging him "Wait what's the other thing?" I asked curiously, "Juvia," "That black streak in your hair." "What is it?" He asked with a small ounce of panic in his voice. "What black streak?" I said pulling out my small mirror from my pocket and then I let out a small gasp, "No... It can't be," I whispered, "Juvia, do you think?" "Yes.... It is..." "It's my mothers death lock."

Memories screamed through my brain, let me explain what the "Death Lock" is, the Death Lock is a wizard illness. It's very rare and can only be passed down from ancestors or developed, it feeds off the person magic energy (this is if they use their powers) and feeds off negativity. It makes you tired, sick and miserable. Sometimes it renders people bed ridden this can be months into the illness that the effects start to happen or it could be one month. It's different for everyone. And yes, it kills. How do I know this? My mother had it. And no, she didn't survive it.
Lucky, right?

"Juvia you have to listen to me what ever happens do NOT use your powers until we find a cure, understood?" he said to me calmly.
"Understood." I answered back before he pulled me into a hug.

Hey guys so I decided to edit this chapter a little bit from its original version. By tomorrow night chapter 5-8 will be released hope you all enjoy
~Author Chan 💙💚💙