Chapter 5: Secret Keepers

Gajeel's POV (carried on from the previous chapter ❤️)

I ain't one for being scared but in this situation I'm crappin myself. I thought she was safe from this! I thought we could just be free to live a normal life! I don't want to see my BEST friend slowly deteriorate and stress over this! She doesn't deserve it! What will everyone in the guild say?!

Thoughts aside from that, I'm gonna ask my girlfriend to marry me. Shrimp is my life and I wanna be with her forever and I don't want not other crapface takin her she's mine. I wanna propose to her somewhere special! Maybe I can buy her a new book and hide it in it! Ye, let's do that!

Juvia's POV

No. Please. Not Death Lock. Memories of my mother started to cram inside of my head, her smile, her laugh, the moment her last ounce of power ended up attacking her, how she fell to the ground and how I was the last thing she saw. I need to tell someone. One person who is close to me. In case something bad does end up happening to me. Erza. She's one of the most trustworthy people in the guild! I walked back into the public of the guild hall where I saw Erza, Gray, Natsu, Lucy and Happy. I casually walked over to them.

"Hey Erza, could I talk to you for a minute?" I said trying my best to crack a smile, "Of course, Juvia" she smiled.

Erza's POV

Strange. Juvia pulled me to a secluded place of the guild. The back of the guild.
"Hey what's up? And why are we in the dusty old libaray?" "WHO DID YOU KILL?!" I shouted, "Okay, calm down no one is dead, well I hope not anyway," "I need to tell you a secret that you can't tell anyone under any circumstances," she said seriously, "Juvia. You're scaring me what's wrong?!" I asked anxious because she didn't seem herself, "Well I'm a little bit ill...." "And if I gets worse then I might.... You know....." "Die," she said looking me dead in the eyes, "W-what?" "No! Stop joking like that what's the secret!?" I yelled, "That is the secret," She whispered as tears streamed down my face. She pulled out a black strand of hair from out of her ponytail. "Juvia... What is that?" I asked with tears bruising my cheeks, "The death lock curse," "It's the same thing that took the life of my mother," Juvia answered
"But... But how?" What will happen to you?" I asked panicking and I know this was serious because I hadn't acted like this in a LONG time.
"I can't use my powers because they will end up attacking me and drain my magical energy," "And when the time comes, if I use my last ounce of magic it could either land me in critical condition or kill me," she said calmly.
"No..." "No!" "You can't die, you can't leave us!" "You don't deserve it!" I yelled as she bought me into a hug, "How did this happen to you, what caused this!" I demanded, "I could have inherited it from my mother or it could of developed from too much exposure to rain and misery, " she told me, "Can we cure it?!" I asked with a tiny ounce of hope, "I don't know," she said back, "Juvia we need to tell master!" I suggested, "Can you come with me, Erza?" She asked as a few perfect crystal tear drops delicately marked her face and outside you could hear the rain pour.

Juvia's POV

Me and Erza came up from the library and back into the public of the guild, we couldn't really avoid anyone as there were still tears in our eyes and on our cheeks.
"Hey Juvia what's up?" Gray asked concerned at the tears hovering on my cheeks, "Oh nothing! Why is it any of your business!" I snapped at him, "Erza you okay!?" Natsu asked, "Just like Juvia nothing!" Erza yelled, smiling back to them.

We headed up to the masters office where we found a crying Mirajane and Gajeel with him. Gajeel must have gone to him before me.
"Juvia, my child please take a seat" Master said sadly.

Gray's POV

Strange. She obviously isn't fine, it's pouring rain for Mavis sake! And Erza wasn't fine either, her eyes were as red as her hair! Tonight I will try to talk to her, try and apologise again. Does she hate me, is that it? "Yo pervert! Whatcha daydreaming about?" Natsu yelled snapping me out of my thoughts, "You wanna go, Pinkie Pie?!" I yelled, "You can't take me, streaker!" "Sure about that? Dragon breath!"

Juvia's POV

I told master the story as Mira let out numerous cries and sobs.
"Do you understand you won't be able to go on any missions or use your magic until we find a cure," Master told me, "I am fully aware of that," I said softly, "We need to find a cure but first seeing as you can't use any form of magic...." Mira said sneakily, "You shall go on holiday to Akane Resort with Erza, Natsu, Lucy, Levy, Gray and Gajeel along with Jellal and the exceeds!" She said slamming ten resort tickets down of the desk. Evil woman. "WHAAAAAT, how did you get in touch with Jellal?" Erza asked with disbelief, "Oh I have my contacts," Mira replied giggling. Meredy I thought as I giggled in my head.
"You shall go for three weeks," "And you will set off next week, until then we try and find a cure," Master said, "Hey everyone could you try and keep this between us, I don't want to scare people" I asked politely, "Agreed," everyone answered, "Wait, maybe Wendy could help?" Erza suggested, "Maybe, over the next three weeks you could maybe try and educate her on the illness, she might be able to help," "For now we leave it, I don't know how my body will react yet so it's better to be safe then sorry," I explained.

Gajeel's POV

PERFECT! This is the best, I can propose to Levy at Akane!

Hope you enjoyed this chapter 💙💙💙💙👆👆👆👆👆