Chapter 5 - Team 7

Amber's POV:

The day after the incident with Misuki, I woke up later than usual and was nearly late for class. Instead of waking Kakashi, I decided to leave him a note and go on my own. I knew my way around the village at this point anyway.

Once I arrived, Naruto came bounding over shouting about how he managed to earn his headband. I gave him a ghost of a smile, and he gave me a large grin.

I went to go sit at the windowsill as usual, and rest my eyes.

My eyes flew open moments later when I heard a thump. I turn my head to see Naruto crouched down on a desk, glaring at Sasuke. Sasuke glared back.

"Hey, Naruto!" Sakura shouted. "Stop glaring at Sasuke!"

Suddenly, the boy behind Naruto bumped into him. Everyone was thrown into a shocked silence. Both Naruto's and Sasuke's faces were slammed together in a kiss.

Both their eyes widened before they separated and tried to rid one another's germs from their mouths. I could only raise an eyebrow in amusement and shake my head as Sasuke's fan girls grew angry. Before the fan girls could give Naruto a pounding, I decided to step in.

"That is quite enough," I said softly.

Everyone froze and turned to me. They only stared and the fan girls looked as though they didn't know what to do anymore.

"What is done is done, and that cannot be changed," I said, just loud enough for everyone to hear. "Please. Unhand Naruto."

The angry mob of girls slowly release Naruto, and he scrambles to safety, behind me. I gave a curt nod to the fangirls before returning to the windowsill.

Moments after sitting down, I felt someone watching me and grew tense. I scanned the room searching for someone's gaze to be on me, but there was none.

'Where are they?' I wondered.

Third Person POV:

In the Hokage's office, Asuma, Kurenai, and Kakashi stared into the Hokage's crystal ball. They watched the students as they eagerly waited for the team assigning to be announced.

The image shifted toward a young pink-haired girl.

"Now then, this is Sakura Haruno," the Hokage announced. "She is bright and brilliant-minded, although limited in Jutsu. With proper training, I believe she will make an excellent shinobi."

Everyone nodded their understanding, and the image once again shifted. The crystal ball now showed a raven-haired boy.

The Hokage went on. "This is Sasuke Uchiha. He is last of the Uchiha bloodline, and is already a remarkable ninja. Unfortunately, he is unskilled in teamwork, and therefore will be needing close attention."

The Hokage waited for the ninja to quiet their voices before continuing. The orb now showed a blond kid in an orange jump suit.

"This young man is Naruto Uzumaki. He is loud, reckless, and always getting into--" The Hokage was cut off when he noticed Naruto's faces slammed against Sasuke's.

"--trouble," the Hokage finished.

Everyone sweat-dropped as the fangirls became angry. Abruptly, a soft, angelic voice broke through the commotion.