Chapter 14 - Dangers Passed

Amber's POV:

Naruto, and Sasuke did as instructed, and worked together to free Kakashi from his water prison. At first, I was impressed by Sakura's ability to stay so calm, but as I glanced over in her direction, I realized just how wrong I was.

Sakura was anything but calm. She was wide eyed, and shaking head to tow. A whimper escaped her lips as she swallowed.

"Sakura," I said gently. She turned her head toward me, her eyes filled with fear. "Do not worry. I assure you that no harm will come to you."

Offering her a closed eye smile seemed to calm her nerves. She smiled back and new determination showed on her face.

Returning my attention to the boys, I realized Sasuke had already thrown the 'shuriken Naruto'. Kakashi was free. Now for the final step.

"Boys!" I didn't need to say anymore as they took their place beside Sakura and I in protecting the old man.

Kakashi nearly had Zabuza until a masked man had thrown needles from the trees killing our enemy. The mask gave it away.

"A Tracker ninja," I concluded, earning praise from the new comer.

"Impressive. You are quite knowledgable," he hummed.

I shrugged off the compliment, approaching Kakashi in order to verify whether Zabuza was truly dead. A nod from Kakashi proved it to be true. Even so, I had a strange feeling in the pit of my stomach telling me otherwise.

Naruto suddenly tugged on my sleeve. "A tracker ninja?"

I nod. "Tracker ninja pursue rouge ninja such as Zabuza whom turn against their village. Isn't that right Sakura?"

Sakura nodded. "These ninja are trained to track down rouge ninja in order to prevent any village information from leaking out," She recited.

I drowned out the others as they continued to talk, when the tracker ninja suddenly appeared before Zabuza in a whirl wind. I take a step back and send him a warning glare, but he either didn't care or didn't notice. He lifted Zabuza from the ground with ease. With one last bow and thank you, he disappeared.

It was only a few seconds later that I realized I had made a mistake. Tracker ninja deal with disposing their target on the spot in order to prevent any further information from being leaked! He was no Tracker ninja!

As I turn to warn Kakashi, I see him collapse to the ground.

"Kakashi!" I shouted, rushing to his side.

"Is he alright, Amber?" Naruto asked worriedly.

I turn Kakashi onto his back and examined any wound he may have had. His wounds were not severe. There was nothing that could have knocked him out, but as I study his Sharingan, I loosed a breath of relief.

"The idiots, fine," I stated. "He merely exhausted his Sharingan."

Wrapping Kakashi's arm around my shoulder, I lifted him off the ground, with little difficulty. Kakashi's weight suddenly lightened, and as I turn my head I realized why.

"I don't need your help duck-butt," I grumbled, fixing my grip on Kakashi.

"Your wounded, too. I'm not letting you carry him on your own," He countered

My eye twitched but I couldn't be bothered to argue. The visions really seem to take a lot out of me, but the good news was, I think I was starting to understand it all.

The black thread obviously showed the outcome of the future that should never come to pass. If I'm correct, the white string most likely shows what could come to pass, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's the right option. Finally, the Golden string. This thread must be what should come to pass, in order for the best outcome of the future.