Chapter 10 - Alarm Bells / Part: 3

Amber's POV:

With Kakashi pouting and distracted, I lunged for the bells. A flash of surprise crossed his face, but was quickly replaced with a look of determination. We stared each other down for a few more moments, before we both, at once, made a move to attack.

I had to down his guard, so I knew I had to hold back, but doing so was also risky. I haven't been a ninja for long. Although I know all the basics, I still need to be careful as to how I play my cards.

I try to swipe his feet from underneath him, but he swiftly jumps back to safety. Pulling out three kunai in each hand, I purposefully miss him. I go for the direct approach. I swing, but he caught my wrist.

Good.

Kakashi pulls on my wrist and throws me. I decided to tumble for good effect. To add on that, I cried out a bit and clutched my stomach, then 'struggled' to my feet.

He could try to throw me to the ground all he wants, but I've gained a tolerance for pain over the years it's going to take a lot more than this.

"I expected more from you, Amber," Kakashi mumbled with his bored tone.

He never saw it coming. I smirked under my mask. Got 'em.

Small rocks that surrounding Kakashi dispersed into clouds, revealing themselves to be Shadow Clones. They grabbed Kakashi and held him tight. In Kakashi's state of shock, he failed to notice the chipmunk hidden in the tall grass. With a big leap it snatched a bell, with a squeak.

"What!?" Kakashi cried out.

The chipmunk scuttled over to me and an mischievous grin spread across my face. Kakashi looked at me, baffled, and the chipmunk vanished in a poof of smoke to reveal the real me.

As Kakashi goes to make a move to reclaim his lost bell, the sound of the timer rang throughout the field, signaling the end of the test. With one final jingle of my hard earned bell, the Shadow Clones released Kakashi. He was still watching me, but I payed no mind.

"That would all ladies. You may go, now." I ordered the Shadow Clones away, with a prideful smirk.

One final nod, farewell, and the dispersed.

Kakashi and I simply stood there, watching one another. He said nothing, but I could tell he was studying me. Again. It took all I had not to squirm under his gaze. I wasn't sure whether he was surprised, or unhappy with me. So I kept silent. The only sound between us being the wind. When I thought I was finally going to snap under the pressure, the rest of team seven popped from the bushes. All of them sulking.

Without a word Kakashi grabbed Naruto by the back of the shirt and dragged him over to a post. Despite Naruto's loud protest, Kakashi easily subdued him. Sasuke and Sakura sat down beside Naruto's post, with their lunches in front of them, while I remained at Kakashi's side.

A growl. "Uh-oh. Stomachs growling?" Kakashi taunted. "That's too bad. Oh by the way about the exercise? I've decided there's no need to send any of you back to the academy!"

A cheerful cry from Naruto, a smirk from Sasuke, and a stupid ass comment from Sakura.

"What? I passed?" She said. "All I did was faint and fall over. Do you get point for that?"

My eye twitched. I narrowed my eyes to her. 'Idiot!' I thought. 'She would have done more if she wasn't such a petty brat and fawned over Sasuke the whole time!'

"That means-" Naruto started, but Kakashi interrupted him.

"Yup all three of you are being dropped from the ninja program. Permanently!" Kakashi's voice took on an angry tone at the end. I couldn't help but tense, and take a small step back. Thankfully it went unnoticed.