Chapter 29 - The Chunin Exams Begin

Kakashi's POV:

For once I woke up with a start, stretching my limbs as I loosed a big yawn, and rubbed the sleep from my eyes. Throwing my legs over the side of the bed, I hopped out of the covers, scrunching up my toes as they met the cold surface of the rooms wood tiled floors. I stretched once more, enjoying the satisfying popping and cracking of my back, before quickly throwing on my gear.

Today was the beginning of the Chunin Exams. Amber's must be ecstatic. Or stressed beyond recognition. Either one.

I started toward the living room to greet my young roommate, when I saw her still laying there sound asleep. A glance at the clock and I concluded she still had about an hour till she had to leave. Why not pull a little prank.

A devious smile lingered beneath my mask as I neared her.

Amber's POV:

I supposed due to the late hour that I went to bed at, I slept fairly soundly. It only felt as though I had blinked before I was suddenly being awaken.

"Amber! Amber! Wake up! You're going to be late!" Kakashi shook me awake, and my eyes darted across the room frantically.

"Shit!" I screamed, falling off the couch, stumbling to grab my clothes. I sprinted into the bathroom, throwing my suit on, before running the brush through my hair only about three times. "Why hadn't you woken me up earlier!"

I fumbled the grab all my things. Running throughout the apartment to grab all my stuff.

"Uh.. Amber?" Kakashi mumbled, raising his hands, looking a bit nervous.

"Can't talk! Gotta go!" I shouted before bolting out the front door.

"Amber! Wait!"

Before I could even think to turn around and look at him, my heal had just missed the top step, grazing its edge. I tumbling down the flight of stairs not fully processing what was happening till I was already at the bottom.

Kakashi's POV:

The Genin ran throughout the apartment in a panic grabbing her scrolls, kunai, shurikan, and a few other belongings. She even snatched a little bread roll out of the bread box before stuffing it into her disorganized pouch.

I laughed to myself but knew it was about time I broke the news.

"Amber." I chuckled.

She didn't here me. My student only continued to scavenge around the room for her things. Perhaps I over did it? "Uh.. Amber?"

"Can't talk! Gotta go!" With that she rushed out the door, only to fall head first down the stairs.

"Amber!" The girl groaned. "Crap, crap, crap, crap, crap!" I clamored down the steps to her side only to see a large gash on her forehead, and her right hand already turning black and blue. "Shit!"

"Hey!" She shouted suddenly, her voice a bit slurred. I gave her a quizzical look at the sudden outburst. "Language."

I would have laughed had I not been so concerned. Lifting her up bridal-style I carried her back into the apartment and set her down on the couch. She grumbled.

"Ouch."

Her forehead was bleeding like crazy. What was I think, pulling something on her like that. I quickly grabbed a fresh clean towel and applied some pressure to the wound.

Amber's POV:

'Poor guy. He looks so worried.' I thought watching him as he dabbed the cloth at my scratch.