Chapter 7 - Masked

Amber's POV:

The problem with sleeping on the couch, was having to wake up to the sun blaring in my eyes every morning. With my usual grumpy-morning self, the first thing that came to me was, 'This wouldn't be much of a problem if Kakashi would simply buy some damn curtains!'

In an attempt to calm myself, I head to the bathroom a wash my face. Believe it or not it did a lot. The feeling of cool water flowing down my face was relaxing, and it calmed me.

I wasn't sure why until I looked in the mirror. I looked awful. There were dark rings under my eyes, and my complexion was unnaturally pail. For a moment I thought I could be ill. Perhaps I had a fever and the cool water had lowered my temperature enough to still me.

Yesterday's training with Kakashi could have brought it on. Sadly, I was proven wrong moments later as my head began to throb. And it was an all, too familiar throb.

I doubled over from the pain. A ringing sounded in my ears and I found it difficult to breath. Seconds later my eye sight clouded, and the ringing began to fade. Then silence.

I found myself outside, surrounded by trees. The sun was shining and the birds chirped their sweet tunes. But I knew it wasn't real. It couldn't have been. The sun rested in the middle of the sky, signifying mid-afternoon, and the last I checked the sun had only just risen.

That's when I heard voices coming from the other side of the trees. I only blinked, and I found myself beside Naruto and the others on a small bridge. Startled, I stumble backwards bumping into the bridge railing, but they didn't seem to notice me.

I tilted my head perplexed. Waving my hand in front of Naruto's face, I slowly- and far too late -began to realize, I was having another vision. Damn it.

'What the hell is going on with me?' I wondered breathlessly. 'Why does this keep happening?'

It was with that thought that the vision abruptly shifted. I was now in a field with Kakashi and the rest of team 7. Kakashi wore two bells tied to a red string on his waist. At first I thought it was some odd fashion statement of his, when he began to state their purpose.

"It's quite simple, really." He said, setting a timer. "All you have to do is take these bells from me. But you have to do it by noon. If you can't get it by then, you go without lunch."

"What?" Naruto complained, but Kakashi ignored him and continued.

"You'll be tied to those posts and get to watch while I eat my lunch." Kakashi shrugged like it was nothing.

'You cruel annoying ass.' I thought, shaking my head. 'You're almost as bad as Sasuke!'

Echoing voices broke the silence that fell over team 7. It was deafening. 2 different voices spoke at once, giving me even more of a migraine.

'So that's why.' Sasuke's voice groaned, while Sakura's voice mumbled. 'He told us not to eat breakfast to make it harder!'

Their mouths didn't move, but their expressions portrayed their thoughts quite clearly. Naruto only wailed like a lost kitten as the other two pouted.

"Wait a minute," Sakura squeaked. "There's three of us how come there's only two bells?"

''Three of us' she said?' I noted to myself. 'I suppose I see these futures without me in them, then?'

"Well that way it will leave one of you tied to a post and ultimately disqualified!" Kakashi replied, giving an innocent closed-eye smile. "That one goes back to the academy."