On the Sidewalk

Slow Moving Millie - Please Please Please

"I don't want to hear you crying, Belle. Just leave."

Like her feet had sank into a black hole of a sand pit, Belle was slowly being swallowed up by the world as her own little one had come crashing down. Her breathing was limited, and her mouth was so dry that she wondered how she was producing the amount of tears she was after being so dehydrated. Her heartbeat had travelled to her ears, her brain raging against her skull and creating the most untimely headache. Her thumb subconsciously stroked the engagement band on her left ring finger, rubbing away all traces of his prints from her body. All this pain in such a small amount of time was just too much for a heart to handle. She felt like she couldn't live anymore without feeling this way; so worthless and insignificant.

All because of him.

She walked down the dark streets of West Chester alone, unafraid of what could be lurking in the night time as she had already been numbed by the agony of heartbreak.

It wasn't like a stereotypical movie break up; it wasn't coincidentally raining, in fact, it was quite mild. Her make-up wasn't still perfectly applied, because she wiped it off at the beginning of her walk. She wasn't bumping into groups of intimidating bodies, as no on else was around.

This felt so real, but at the same time, she couldn't believe it was real. Belle had watched countless films which involved people breaking up and walking away from one another and she just couldn't imagine something like that happening between her and Heath, and all so quickly.

Belle assumed that this would just be a normal day for the two, potentially even better because more furniture couple be unpacked and fitted into the house. Another step closer to a completely new beginning. But of course that was too much for her to ask. Too much to want in this life. So everything ended for her, just like she never anticipated.

After about half a mile of walking, she saw a light approaching her in the distance, as she walked in the middle of the road. It was car filled with a few reckless drivers, their full beam on and music blaring out of the car doors.

She felt although she could escape the pain if she took her life.

"I'm ready."