Distance

Give Me Love - Ed Sheeran

It wasn't long before Belle was redecorating the bland house, listening to the radio, dressed in her old dungarees and t shirt, rolling some light blue paint onto the white wall.

Johnny leans against doorframe and watches her dance to Be My Baby by the Ronettes, taking a picture as he did so. He placed the camera down and smiled widely, watching her shake her hips and click her free fingers.

Johnny was wearing jeans and a vintage t-shirt, accompanied by his infamous black converse chucks. He also wore a baseball cap that Belle bought him last year.

"You look very cute, sweetie." He cooed, spinning her around but avoiding the paint roller.

"Well you're looking very handsome your self." She pecked his lips as he smiled, placing the roller down and wrapping her arms around his neck, his hands on her waist. Just as they did so, Stay by Maurice Williams and the Zodiacs began on the radio, Johnny turning it up and beginning to dance around, Belle watching him with amusement in his eyes.

They both danced to the song and began to use the paint brushes as the microphone to sing along with it, Johnny dotting some paint on to her nose as they did so. He chuckled as she stood gobsmacked for a second, Belle grabbing the roller and rolling paint up the side of his face. They laughed and unbeknown to the two, Bam was stood in the doorway with Dunn and Steve-O, recording Johnny who had his arms around Belle's neck, her arms tucked in between their bodies, staring up into his eyes as they smiled. Johnny pressed his lips against her forehead and closed his eyes, Bam and the guys awe-ing. Johnny and Belle's eyes darted towards the door, still with smiles on their faces.

"You two are the cutest."

Not long after, the house was done with decorating. And that felt like it changed things; even though they'd just created this homely environment around them, it felt although it was only Belle living there, as Johnny was in his office 24/7, writing up hundreds of different ideas for their next stunts. Belle started to stay with Bam a lot more often, staying at Johnny's maybe three or four times a week.

He brought his work to the food table, he brought his work to dates, and he even brought his work to bed with him, or not even bother going to bed at all.

She was tired of eating with a pile of papers instead of him. She was tired of talking about work and money every time they went out. And she was definitely tired of waking up to an empty space beside her.