Nowhere

Can I Lay By Your Side - Sam Smith

Coming home after 84 days of filming was always going to create an inevitable awkward tension between Johnny and Belle, but frankly he couldn't care less; he had gone around 4 months without hearing her voice and seeing her in the flesh. However he secretly called Ape every other night to check how Belle was doing.

The journey was practically silent for Johnny, and when they pulled up outside the house, he began to get quite nervous, for a reason he didn't know.

He imagined seeing Belle again to be heartbreaking.

But seeing her sat at the kitchen island with Ape and Heath brought a whole new mix of emotions into it.

His sadness rapidly transformed to anger, his facial expressions showing this clearly.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Johnny seethed, his bruised fists clenched. He walked slowly towards Heath, who hadn't yet reacted. The other guys watched the confrontation, ready to hold Johnny back if a fight broke out.

"Why are you here?" Johnny slammed his hand down on the island, which shook from the impact, Ape and Belle jumping, Heath remaining strong.

"Back off, Johnny..." Belle said quietly, her eyes meeting Johnny's.

"Are you insane?! He broke your heart!" Johnny pointed to the man who did do those actions, staring at Belle incredulously.

"And so did you, but he explained his actions and I've forgiven him." She replied calmly, Johnny's hand dropping to his side, as if in defeat.

"So you gave him another chance? I knew you still loved him-"

"-stop jumping to conclusions, Johnny." She rose from her chair, Johnny folding his arms as if he were expecting something.

"Explain yourself then." He demanded, Belle sighing as she began, she slowly walked around the island so she was stood infront of Johnny, her back resting against the cold marble, her arms folded.

"Heath came over to explain his reasoning for breaking up with me and I found it a valid point and I've forgiven him, he apologised for his actions and whatnot and he looked after me and made sure I was alright after I'd-"

"You'd what?" His voice broke, Belle looking down in shame and barely whispered the words;

"-after I'd cut my wrists."

"Not again, Belle." Johnny's eyebrows knitted together, shaking his head gently.

"I'm sorry but I had nowhere else to turn to." She shrugged, Johnny noticing that both of their eyes began to fill with tears.

"I needed you with me." She cried silently into her hands, Johnny wrapping his arms around her.

"I'm so sorry." He whispered, before pressing his lips against her forehead and keeping them there, closing his eyes and allowing a tear to roll down his cheek.

Johnny decided that he wouldn't beg and plead for forgiveness from her right now, as adding more pressure to her when she was vulnerable would cause her to break to a more severe level, so instead he just held her there, providing her with warmth and love. She missed this more than anything; simply seeing Johnny made her heart swell with happiness.

But then she remembered.

She remembered what happened nearly four months ago. She remembered what was said. She remembered what was done. And she definitely wasn't prepared to forgive him in an instant.