Nick of Time

Shake it Out - Florence and the Machine

"Belle?!"

Her head snapped to her left, instantly finding the source of noise stood on a porch.

"Bam?" She questioned in a whisper.

The light from the car suddenly shone on her entire body, Belle stepping out of the way of it's route. She was facing Bam, and she slowly released a breath she didn't know she was holding, hearing the car swerve away.

Bam walked down the path of his garden with urgency, his eyes not leaving hers, almost trying to put her in a trance so she didn't attempt to try and end her life again. He embraced her tightly around her shoulders, Belle hugging his waist and crying.

"Let's go." He released her but left his right arm around her shoulders, leading her towards the lovely home of the Margeras. Bam walked her to the kitchen, passing through the other members of Jackass in the living room, nobody noticing her existence at first. They were playing a racing game on the TV, therefore they were yelling and shouting too much to hear Bam enter again. He sat her on the kitchen island and she folded her legs. She was wearing her black leggings and a hoodie that she was basically drowning in, her black converse had been taken off at the door so she was only in her socks.

"Come on darlin'." He hugged her again as she hiccuped, stroking her hair and rocking her slightly.

"Hey Bam, look-" Ryan Dunn was about to show him something on the game as Steve-O and Pontius played against one another, however he spotted Bam in the kitchen with her.

"Belle?" Dunn whispered loud enough for everyone to hear, Belle removing her head from Bam's shoulder and looking over at them with sad, red eyes.

"Hey fellas." She forced the best smile she could, everyone gathering around her to comfort her.

Dunn sat on the corner stool, Steve-O sat beside him and rubbed Belle's back, Johnny stood in between, staring at the girl with sympathy and a slight twinge of curiosity in his eyes. Pontius, Dave and Ehren stood on the other side of the island.

"You remember the boys don't you? Dunn, Steve-O, Knoxville, Ehren,-"

"-Dave and Pontius. Yeah, I remember." She smiled at all of them.

"Right, I'll get mom and dad." Bam left the room to get his parents to see what they could offer her.

She remembered these guys very clearly; especially Dunn, as Dunn and Bam are basically brothers, and Belle visited the family often. She remembered Dunn's humour, Dave being incredibly polite, Pontius being especially enthusiastic, Preston being slightly awkward, Ehren's profound clumsiness, Wee Man being very kind, Steve-O's amazing hugs and kisses, Bam being protective, and she remembered Knoxville as being all of the above, however occasionally being quite unpredictable.

April rushed into the kitchen with Phil and Bam following closely behind, pulling up a stool infront of Belle and cupping her cheeks.

"Aw my sweet little baby, what's wrong?" Ape cooed, tilting her head to a side.

"Yeah, Bam tells us that you were about to let a car hit you."

Belle was ashamed by the words that came out of his mouth at that moment as it made her sound so pathetic and weak.

"Me and Heath have split up."

Ape and Phil seemed taken aback; they seemed to be so head over heels for one another.

"A guy made you want to kill yourself?" Ehren said in a shaky and quiet voice, also stunned by the extremes Belle was going to. She nodded very discreetly, looking down at her fiddling fingers.