Chapter 4

Jessica's p.o.v

   I'm back at home getting ready for the party. After my shower I quickly blow dry my hair then curl it. I change into a grey crop top, burgundy color pants, along with a black beanie and burgundy scarf topping it off with my leather jacket. I put on some eyeliner and lipstick then put on my heart shaped necklace.

   I walk into Scott's room and see him and mom talking

   I walk into Scott's room and see him and mom talking. "Is this a party or a date?" she asks.

   "For him a date, for me a party." I answer smiling.  "She's nice trust me Mom he likes her and she likes him back."

   "Jess I didn't know your going to. Keep an eye on her." she tells Scott.

   "Mom I'm driving so I won't be drinking." I explain take the keys from Scott's hand then walk out of the room leaving them to talk.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

   We pick up Allison and then go to the party. Most of the already drunk teens are grinding on each other or making out. It's to stuffy inside so I walk to the back. My bite mark is starting to hurt, but I can bare it. I spot Allison and Scott dancing together as I sit on a beach chair. I would be dancing but I'm worried Scott might do something. I don't feel angry or like I'm going to kill someone. I feel fine except for the pain from the bite. Some guys ask me if I want to dance but I decline the offer. I see someone out of the corner of my eye, turning to look at who it is. Derek Hale. He staring at someone else, he's looking at Scott. Scott's starting to freak out I think he's changing. Dammit! Stiles was right! I rush to Scott and Allison asking if he's okay. He doesn't say anything, just runs off he gets in the car and drives off leaving Allison and I behind.

   "Allison I'm a friend of Scott and Jessica." he says stepping closer. "My names Derek. He asked me to give both of you rides home." Allison looks at me and I nod.

   We get in his black Camero. I have to admit this car is beautiful. He drives the way that Allison says dropping her off first. The pain is getting worse. It's like the bite is burning. I say goodnight to Allison and Derek drives.

   "Enough with the bullshit. What the hell are you? What are Scott and I? Why am I not changing like Scott?"

   "Your in pain." he states. Well no shit Sherlock.

   "That's not what I asked." I cross my arms. I can smell Scott scent but he's not alone Stiles is there too. I can hear them talking Scott is changing. "Your a werewolf and so are we. Scott thinks your the one who bit us. Did you?"

   "No I didn't, someone else did." he answered.

   I didn't really expect him to. I now noticed where we are going,  Beacon Hills Preserve. He gets out of the car and starts running into the woods. We run for a little bit, stopping only to hang Allison's jacket on a tree branch. I hide in a tree while Derek hides somewhere else. Scott comes running on all fours, his eyes glowing the bright neon yellow like they did at the clinic. His ears pointed and facial structure looks like a wolfs, he has fangs and claws. He growls out 'Where is she?!' then Derek tackles him. He pins Scott against a tree telling him to be quiet, that they are already here. Who's they? I stay in my spot, both start to run. I bright blinding light goes off, I cover my eyes not trying to blow my cover. An arrow flies through the air stabbing Scott right in the arm. He screams out in pain. My twin is hurt, I jump down not being seen by them. Three men come out of the shadows, two of them has a crossbow, the other one has  a shotgun. The man in the middle tells them to shoot Scott. The one with the shotgun aims at Scott but is thrown back thanks to Derek. I have to thank him later for saving my brother. I come up from behind Scott and quickly take out the arrow grabbing his hand telling him to run. All three of us run away, Scott collapse on the floor trying to catch his breath.

   "Who are they?" Scott asks

   "Hunters. They've kinda been hunting us for centuries." Derek explains. Well that's just great.

   "US?! You mean you! You did this to me and my sister!" he starts yelling. Seriously?!? Now he wants to yell they can come back.

   "Is it really that bad? That you can see better, hear better, and run faster than any human can hope. Both of you have been given something most people will kill for. The bite is a gift." Derek states.

   "I don't want it and neither does Jessica" Scott interrupts him.

   "You will. And you're gonna need me if you're going to learn how to control it." that's the last thing he says before he walks away. I sit next to Scott letting him lay his head on my good shoulder.

   After the sun starts to shine I say "Come on let's go home." Helping him up. We slowly make it to the side of the road, Scott still gripping his arm. We see a baby blue jeep drive up from behind us, I smile. My best friend is here. I hop in the back.

   "You wanna know what sucks." Scott says, he going to say Allison. That's all he was talking about when we where sitting by the tree.

   "If you say Allison I'm going to punch you." Stiles says. "Me too." I add.

   "She probably hates me." he groans. I roll my eyes and smack the back of his head. That's all he can think about. Allison Allison Allison. Everything is about Allison.

   "No she doesn't but you better have a good explanation or you could tell her the truth." Stiles says. I yawn resting my head on my hand, slowly falling asleep.