Chapter 15

Jessica's p.o.v

   I'm in Mr Harris class bored out of my mind. I don't listen to him going on about parent teacher conferences tonight. He asks where Scott is. Looking at Stiles and me. Before we can answer Jackson walking in the classroom. Everyone turns to look at him. Mr Harris walks up to him.
   "If you need to leave for any reason let me know okay." Mr Harris says sincerely. Why is he being nice to Jackson? He's a douche bag to every student who walks into the class. I turn to look at Stiles asking if he just heard the same thing I did he says yes giving me a confused look back. Harris walks back to the front of the class.
   "Mr Stilinski try putting the highlighter down in between paragraphs. It's a chemistry book not a coloring book." Harris says not even looking at Stiles. Stiles spits out the highlighter cap and catches it with ease. Then goes to bother Danny.
   "Hey Danny can I ask you something?" he asks I roll my eyes. He knows Danny doesn't like him, I don't know why he bothers.
   "No." Danny answers.
   "Well I'm going to anyway. Did Lydia show up in your homeroom today?" he asks you can see the annoyance on Danny's face.
   "No." he answered.
   "Can I ask you another question?" Stiles asks again.
   "He's going to say no Stiles." I answer for Danny.
   "She's right. The answer is still no." Danny agrees with me.
   "Does anyone know what happened to her and Jackson last night?"
   "He wouldn't tell me." Danny says trying to focus on his work. Stiles and I look at each other, a little surprised by his answer.
   "But he's your best friend." I say, all Danny does is shrug.
   "One last question." What more could he ask? Then Stiles continues, "Do you find me attractive?" leaning forward. I chuckle at him, you can tell Danny has to think about answering. Then Stiles falls out of his seat causing me to laugh.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

   I'm walking to my locker when I smell Derek's scent. I smile focusing on it so find him. Using my supernatural hearing I hear his heart beat in the locker room. What is he doing in there? He can't be after Scott, Scott left with Allison. I put on my hood and hide my hair making sure nobody sees me. I walk around a few guys then see Derek and Jackson talking.
   "What are you doing here? I don't know where Scott or Jessica is." Jackson says frightened.
   "I'm not here for them. I'm here for you." Derek states.
   "W-w-why me? I-I-I didn't do anything." Jackson tries to lie, he's a horrible liar I smile about to laugh at him. I know a little messed up but he deserves to be scared.
   "No you didn't but you did see something. Didn't you?" Derek asks smirking and steps forward to Jackson, his signature smirk makes my stomach feel like there are a million butterflies in it.
   "N-n-no I didn't. I-I didn't see a-anything." he stutters. Derek continues to walk towards Jackson. As much as I hate Jackson, I don't want Derek to hurt him. I get ready to pull Derek off of him just in case.
   "You didn't see an animal? A mountain lion?" Derek asks.
   "I didn't see anything. I swear." Jackson repeats. I listen to his heart beat it slipped a beat when he said 'didn't'.
   "Calm down and say it again." Derek orders. "Tell me that you didn't see anything slowly." Jackson does. Then Derek grabs his hair pulling his head forward to see the back of his neck. There are three little holes on Jackson's neck. Why would Derek be interested in that? Did he do that?
   I quickly leave the locker room after little after Derek does. He's still here I can smell his scent. I'm looking for him when I get pulled inside an empty classroom. Ready to attack whoever it is, I grab my knife holding it near the persons stomach. I look up at the person seeing those piercing green eyes, Derek. I put away my knife hugging him, burying my face into his chest. I mumble 'Mine.' as I pull back then I remember what he did to Jackson. I push him against the wall.
   "What was that f-" he asks but I interrupt "You know what that was for. What the hell were you doing in the locker room? Why were you talking to Jackson?" I ask crossing my arms.
   "Look I had to get information from him about what he saw." He explains.
   "We both know exactly what he saw. He saw the alpha. It attacked him. What we don't know is why." I say.
   "How's your leg?" He asks changing the subject.
   "It's fine thanks for asking." I answer sarcastically. "You know the least you could have done is texted me saying that you were coming to interrogate that jackass."
   "Come with me." he says grabbing my hand. Just by his touch I feel like sparks went off.
   "Where are we going?" I ask as we leave the classroom. All he says is 'You'll see.'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

   I'm sitting down watching Derek do pull ups in the doorway. The view of his bare chest is very appealing. Why does he have to be so good looking? I wonder how he feels about me? Does he have any feelings for me? I think he does, he did let me stay the night here and drives me home and helps me when I'm hurt. What if he was just trying to be nice? What if I'm just over thinking all of this? I have a tendency of doing that. The sound of someone cocking a shotgun pulls me out of my thoughts. There are three unknown scents that fill my nose. One female the other two male. I look at Derek who's now doing one handed push-ups.
   "Derek hunters are here." I whisper he stops looking up at me.
   "Hide upstairs and don't come down no matter what you hear. They can't know about you, they will kill you if they find out. Go." he says. I hesitate, it doesn't feel right to leave him. If they hurt him I will kill them. I do as he said and hide. I control my breathing and listen for them.
   I hear the door being kicked open and one of the hunters say. "He's here he's just not feeling particularly hospitable right now."
   "Maybe he's out burring a bone in the backyard." another jokes I roll my eyes.
   "Really a dog joke. You go in there and that's the best you got. If you wanna provoke him say something like to bad your sister bit it before she had her first litter. To bad she howled like a bitch when we cut her in half!" the huntress yells.
   Derek roars and there is a loud scream. There is a crashing sound, then the sound of electric buzzing. There's a dull pain in my stomach, it spreads through my whole body then fades. I hear Derek struggle to get up, the electric buzzing sound comes back then the same pain but in my left shoulder. It takes longer for the pain to subside, I bite my lip keeping myself from making any noise. She's hurting Derek thinking its all fun and games. The lady makes some remarks about Derek's family.
   "Now I'm going to let you in on a little secret. Yes we know your sister was severed in half, which is a little to Texas Chainsaw for my liking but here's the real kick in the balls... We didn't kill her... You think I'm lying."
   "Wouldn't be the first time." Derek says clearly in pain.
   "Sweetie well why don't you just listen to my heart and tell me if I am." she starts to say it slowly, "We didn't... kill... your... sister..." I was listening to her heartbeat, she's telling the truth. But that means if the hunters didn't kill Derek's sister then the only other person who could have is the alpha. "There's no blips or upticks just the cold hard truth. We found bite marks on your sisters body Derek what do you think did that. A mountain lion. Why aren't we helping each other out, you might as well admit what you've been guessing all along which is. The alpha killed your sister, all you have to do is tell us where he is and we'll take care of it for you. Problem solved everyone goes home happy..." she pauses then continues "Unless you don't know who he is either... Guess who just became totally useless." I hear Derek get up and run just as a gun goes off shooting all over the place I quietly get up and jump out the nearest window, as my feet hit the ground I start to sprint out of there. Derek's scent already gone, I stop running and start walking home. He left me there, that douche bag left me in there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

   Once I got home my mom was about to leave for parent teacher conferences.
   "Hey Jess, you coming with me to parent teacher conferences?" she asks I shake my head no giving her a small smile.
   "Sorry mom but I don't really feel good right now. I'm just gonna shower and sleep it off okay." I say hugging her, slowly letting go.
   "Okay sweetie let me know if you need anything." she says kissing my cheek then walking out the door. I didn't lie to her I do feel bad, I don't know what's wrong with me. I go upstairs take a shower then go to sleep.