Chapter 21

Jessica's p.o.v.

   We run to the locker room. Scott tell Stiles to call his Dad. Stiles doesn't want to put his only parent in danger. They suggest that we take Derek's car. Stiles explains that we take the keys from him and leave. I was about to say we are taking him with us but Scott beat me to it. Scott grabs my hand pulling me with him. There's a noise outside the locker room. They start to panic and push me into a locker closing it, I peek through the whole and see Scott get into the locker next to me.  As Stiles gets in the one across from us. I can hear their hearts beating super fast but mine isn't. I can't feel any emotion right now, everything to me is just numb. It's like I'm not even myself, like I'm not here. I hear the door open then three screams fill my ears. I get out of the locker just as the janitor yells at all of us to leave. Right when he pushes us out the door he is pulled back. His screams fill the air as his blood splatters on the window. Exactly like the scary movies. I feel one of the guys drag me along as we run.
   "Jessica what's wrong with you?" Stiles asks as we turn down a hallway. Not answering him he sighs and picks up the pace. How did he get inside? Did he use another entrance? I wouldn't be surprised if he did. Or if he shifted into his human form the shifted back into the alpha. Why is he doing this? We try going out a back door but a dumpster is blocking it. The we walk a different way and see the alpha on the roof he sees us and starts running after us. He smashes through the wall as we sprint. We trap it in a room and Stiles starts to taunt it. The beast breaks through the roof getting free, they grab me and start to run. There's a phone ringing, it sounds familiar. It's Allison's phone, I listen to her conversation she's talking to Jackson. Why is she here? Scott tells Stiles to call Allison, when she picks up Scott tells her to meet us at the lobby. Once we get there Scott bombards her with questions. Supposedly he texted her to meet us here, but how he doesn't have his phone. It was shattered.
   "Why do I get the feeling you didn't send this?" Alli asks. She looks at me then at Scott and Stiles.
   "Cuz I didn't." Scott says, Allison eyes go wide getting scared I hear her heart beating faster than normal. All of theirs are except mine.
   "D-did you drive here?" Stiles asks trying to get out of here.
   "What no? Jackson did." Allison says.
   "Wait Jackson's here?!?" My best friends ask simultaneously.
   "Yeah and Lydia." she answers. When Lydia's name left her mouth Stiles immediately began to look around for her as if she would pop up. Allison's phone begins to ring she answers it, Lydia comes down the hallway with Jackson. We hear something on the second floor, the beast breaks through the floor. We run up the stairs the alpha right on our tail. We run inside the cafeteria and lock the door they push chairs and the vending machines in front of the doors. Stiles grabs my arm showing me the 20ft wall of windows. He yells trying to get their attention but it isn't working.
   "STOP!!!" I shout getting all their attention, they look at me scared of what's going on.
   "Okay nice work. Really beautiful job everyone. Now what should we do about the twenty feet wall of windows." Stiles sarcastically says. They look at him but totally ignoring him.
   "Scott tell me what's going on. I'm scared okay please. What are we doing here?" Allison blubbers like a baby. Scott is debating whether or not to tell her. If he tells her then he would have to tell her everything. Including him being a werewolf.
   "Someone killed the janitor." Stiles announces to them. They ask who killed the janitor.
   Scott panics and says the one name that wish he didn't say. "Derek. Derek Hale killed the janitor." I swallow the lump in my throat as I try not to let tears fall. Stiles wraps his arms around me pulling me into a hug. I don't hug back I only stare at my twin, he is blaming this on him. He's blaming this on Derek. Stiles tells me it's going to be okay, truthfully I know it's not.
   "But the mountain lion..." Lydia mumbles, Jackson starts yelling at her.
   "Derek killed them. Starting with his own sister. He killed the bus driver and the guy at the video store. And if we don't get out now he's going to kill us to." Scott states confident in it causing them to believe him.
   "Call the cops." Jackson says.
   "No." Stiles says letting me go. I glare at my twin. I know it must be hard for him to not be able to tell her nothing but at least she's alive.
   "What do you mean no?" Jackson asks looking at Stiles like he's crazy for not wanting to call the cops.
   "I mean no. Do you want to hear it in Spanish? Nõ!" Stiles sasses him. "Look we have no clue what he's armed with."
   "Well your dad has the whole police force." Jackson says stepping towards him.
   "I'm calling." Lydia says dialing the 911. Stiles tries to stop her but Jackson steps forward again Allison holding him back. Why is she being all hands on with Jackson? "Yes we are at Beacon Hills High School and we... But." she starts but pulls the phone away from her ear. "She hung up on me." she says confused.
   "They hung up on you? Why would they do that?!" Jackson asks getting irritated with everything.
   "She said they got an anonymous tip saying there's going to be a prank call from the school. That if I call again then they'll send someone to arrest me." Lydia explains.
   "Then call again!" Jackson yells.
   "They won't trace the cell they'll send a cop to your house before they send one here." Stiles explains.
   "I don't get it why is Derek doing this?" Allison asks starting to sound like a baby again. Everyone looks at my twin.
   "Why is everyone looking at me?" Scott asks then they start whining about Derek going to kill them and asking Scott all these questions. He's getting frustrated and he's not a good thinker when he's frustrated. "I don't know!" he yells at them. Allison is taken back by his sudden outburst. Stiles and I push Scott to the side thinking of what to do.
   "Okay first off throwing Derek under the bus there really great job." Stiles says both looking at me. He mumbles sorry.
   "I panicked okay and if he's dead then it won't mean anything right but if he isn't then I'm going to die." Scott rambles.
   "He's not dead. I know it." I say glaring at both of them.
   "Okay look we have bigger problems right now. Like how are we going to get out of here?" Stiles asks.
   "But we are alive. That's the thing. It's like its cornering us. Derek said it wants revenge against Allison's family." My twin explained to Stiles looking back at Allison.
   "Okay. Assheads how about Stiles calls his useless Dad to get us!" Jackson yells.
   "Stiles he's right call him and tell him everything. If you have to." Scott says upset.
   "I'm not watching my Dad get eaten alive." Stiles says moving away from them.
   "Alright give me the phone." Jackson grabs Stiles, I pull him away from my best friend and punch him.
   "Don't touch him!" I yell, Allison is so concerned about him she rushes to his side as fast as possible. Stiles says thanks and pulls out his phone to call his Dad. Allison turns and glares at me, I scoff rolling my eyes turning to my twin. He looks at me shocked and mad at what I did.
   "Why did you do that?!" Allison yells helping him stand. I ignore her turning back to Stiles as he waits for his Dad to pick up.
   "Hey Dad it's me. And it's your voice mail... Look I need you to call me back now like right now. Okay call me. We are at the school Dad. We are at the school." He hangs up putting his phone back in his pocket. There is a loud bang from the door, the alpha trying to get in. "The kitchen. A door in the kitchen leads to a stairwell." He explains getting ready to run.
   "That only leads us up." Scott hesitates panic beginning to flood him.
   "Up is better than here." I mumble as I begin to run. We run up the stairs and into a hallway, checking for an unlocked classroom I find one and we quickly enter. Scott puts a chair under the knob.
    "Jackson how many people can fit in your car?" Scott whispers.
    "Five if someone sits on someone's lap." He answers shrugging.
    "Five?! I barely fit in the back!" Allison whisper yells a bewildered look forms on the huntresses face.
   "It doesn't matter we won't get out of here without causing attention." Stiles explains I nod agreeing with him.
   "What bout this?" My twin asks grabbing my hand pulling me to the door that says 'Rooftop access'
   I shake my head and explain. "It won't work. That's a dead bolt. We need a key. Which is on the Janitor's body."
   "What if I go get it?" Scott asks on instinct I smack him across the cheek.
   "Don't even think about it!" I whisper yell.
   "Scott she's right that's a terrible idea." Stiles backs me up.
   "I'm getting that key." My twin says determined pushing past us.
   "Are you serious?" Allison asks.
   "It's the only plan. I can get the key and come back." He explains to the brunette.
   "You're not going without me." I interrupt their conversation. I begin to put my hair up in a high messy ponytail.
   "You're not going. And I can use this." Scott says protectively then grabs a pointer stick that the teacher uses.
   "Well you aren't going out there by yourself unarmed. Besides I have a weapon not you." I pull out my pocket knife.
   "Oh..." Scott says embarrassed.
   "There is a weapon you can use." Lydia says moving to the cabinet of chemicals.
   "What is he going to do throw acid at him?" Stiles asks using sarcasm.
   "No like a fire bomb. A locomotive cocktail. Everything we need to make one is in here, I just need to open it. " The strawberry blonde explained showing her smarts.