Chapter 19

Jessica's p.o.v

   I called Scott telling him I'm okay. He told me to go with Derek when he goes to see him. I didn't object that was my plan all along. I am more than happy to spend some time with Derek. Scotty told me what happened in class, his heart rate went up because Coach started yelling at him then Allison grabbed his hand making him calm down. Stiles explained that Allison brings him back. That Allison is Scott's anchor, then Scott admits that he's in love with her. Derek told me that he had to go somewhere and didn't want to leave me alone so I am sitting in the passenger seat of his car as he drives off.
   We arrived at the hospital, and go into the room that his Uncle is in. I feel very uncomfortable being in here after seeing the things I did. Derek goes to sit in the bed turning the paralyzed Hale to face him. I can tell Derek doesn't like being here either, he doesn't like seeing his only relative in this state.
   "I need your help. If you can hear me then show me a sign." Derek says looking at him. "Blink, move a finger, point, do anything that can put me in the right direction." Derek turns looking at me I give him a sad smile. "Someone killed Laura, your niece, whoever killed her he's the alpha now. He doesn't have a pack which means he's not as strong. I can take him." Derek says determined, I look at him then back at Peter. Something doesn't feel right, Peter's scent it smells different. Derek continues, "I have to find him first look if you know something give me a sign. Is it one of us? Give me a sign blink raise a finger anything." Derek raises his voice. "Say something!" He yells grabbing onto Peter's wrist.
   "Let him go! After six years you really think yelling at him will do anything." A female voice fills the room, I turn to look at the same red haired nurse that told us to leave the first time.
   "You got a better idea." Derek glares at her stepping away from Peter.
   "Patience. He'll respond if you give him the time." she says Derek walks past her saying 'We don't have anymore time.' then leaves. I look at the nurse then back to Peter, slowly I see him move a finger. I turn leaving trying to catch up with Derek. I get outside Derek is looking at a piece of paper. He looks up at me quickly folds the paper shoving it in his pocket and gets in as soon as I close the car door he drives off.
   "What was on the paper?" I ask looking at him. His hands on the steering wheel tighten but doesn't answer. "I know you're upset but can you just tell me what was on the damn paper." I say growling a little.
   "I can't tell you." he growls back.
   I sigh pinching the bridge of my nose. I look out the window seeing that we are heading to the Animal Clinic. I enter first the bell on the top of the door rings I hear Dr. Deaton say "Scott you late again I hope this isn't going to become a habit of yours." He looks up from what he's doing to see me at the entrance. I feel Derek touch my lower back lightly pushing me forward. "Hello Jessica,  can I help you?"
   "Hope so I want to know about the animal that you found with the spiral on it side." Derek says, I look at him confused. What animal is he talking about? Deaton looks at me then back at Derek confused as well.
   "Excuse me, what animal?" he asks crossing his arms.
   "Three months ago the deer." Derek pulls out the piece of paper showing Deaton a news paper clipping a picture of a dead dear with a spiral.
   "Ah yes the deer. I didn't find it they called me asking if I've seen anything like it." Dr. Deaton answers clearly getting nervous.
   "What'd you tell them?" Derek asks.
   "Told them I didn't know." Deaton lies. Derek knows that he lied he starts walk forward threateningly.
   "Did you hear that? The sound of your heart beat rising."
   "Excuse me?" Deaton asks looking at me for help, I slowly make my way towards them.
   "It means you're lying." Derek pushes me back I hit my arm on a sharp object cutting it. Then knocks out Dr. Deaton.
   "What the fuck Hale?!" I growl glaring at Derek. I look to see what cut my arm it was a scalpel that he uses for surgeries. I look at Deaton he has a cut under his right eye. "Why did you do that?! He's an innocent!" I yell getting the first aid kit. I tie my hair up then kneel down next to him starting to clean his cut.
   "Jessica." Derek warns I growl at him continuing to fix Deaton. He grabs my injured arm I wince as he lifts me up. I pull my arm away before he does anything else. "Stay away from him. He's the alpha."
   "Is that what you think? You really think he's the alpha! He's not the alpha Derek! If he was he would have already healed!" I yell pushing him away from me. He's really getting me mad. Deaton isn't the alpha I know that. It has to be someone else.
   "Let me see your arm." he says. I pull off my jacket showing him the cut. He looks at me then back at my arm. "It's healing but slowly, I'm sorry I didn't mean to hurt you." he looks guilty and sad when I look up into his eyes I get lost, all the emotions I felt before disappear.
   "It's fine." I mumble looking between his eyes and lips hoping that he'll make the first move. He smirks then leans in getting the hint. I pull away and go back to bandaging Deaton, "This doesn't mean I forgive you." I finish and sit on the counter.
   A few minutes after Derek tied up Deaton he wakes up. Looking around the room trying to see where we are. "Are you protecting someone?" Derek asks.
   "T-the keys to the drug cabinets are i-in my pocket." Deaton stutters.
   "I don't want you drugs! I want you to tell the truth!" Derek yells at Deaton.
   "I don't know what your talking about. What do you want from me?" he pleads.
   "Stop! Look it isn't him! His heartbeat was going crazy because you were scaring the crap out of him! Trust me when I tell you it isn't him." I yell frustrated with Derek. He is very sure that Deaton is the alpha.
   "Who are you working for?!" Derek yells lifting him up by the chair. I see my twin come inside.
   "What are you doing!?" Scott yells running at Derek. Derek pulls his arm back and punches Deaton knocking him out cold. "Stop! Stop it!" my twin and I yell same time.
   "When he's conscious he can stop himself from healing! He can't when he's unconscious!" Derek yells at Scott.
    "Stop! Don't touch him!" Scott yells back not believing Derek.
    "You want to know what the spiral means! It's our sign for a vendetta for revenge! It means he won't stop killing until he's satisfied!"
   "You think he's the alpha!" Scott puts all the pieces together, figuring out what he is talking about.
   "We're about to find out." Derek is about to punch Deaton again when Scott grabs his arm stopping him. He shifted Scott shifted.
   "Hit him again and you'll see me get angry." My twin protects his boss.