Chapter 16

Jessica's p.o.v

   Scott and I had to go to the store for my mom since she had to work. We are in the parking lot looking for our car, the four bags that I'm carrying are starting to get heavy.
   "You know it'd be easier if you help me carry some of the heavy bags. You are just carrying the bread and eggs while I have everything else." I say readjusting my grip on the bags for the fifth time now.
   "Stop complaining. You remember what floor we parked on?" he asks.
   "You seriously don't remember where we parked." I say annoyed with my twin.
   "Come on." Scott huffs out.
   We get to the fourth floor and start looking for our car. I continuesly readjust my grip on the bags as Scott takes the keys from his pocket clicking the little button.  On of the bags that I'm holding rips, the milk goes rolling underneath a car, Scott goes to get it but it comes rolling back with three gashes. We look at each other and run in separate directions. I mask my scent and calm down hiding behind a car. I can see Scott running away from the beast not really succeeding. He starts running in my direction I grab him just as he is about to pass me. I cover his mouth with my hand before he can scream. I hold a finger up to his lips telling him to shush. I try to focus on who the scent is when a whole bunch of car alarms go off. Looking for Scott I see him jumping from car to car setting off the alarms. I sniff around for a scent but can't find one only Scott's. There's a growl from my left. I get up and run the beast now chasing after me, I run a little past Scott then something grabs my ankle causing me to fall. I groan as I get up and look for him, I don't see anything only the flashing lights from the cars. I grab my knife preparing to defend myself. Scott comes running towards me and drags me behind a car. I sigh in relief, we lost him. Out of nowhere Scott's phone starts to ring he panics trying to make it stop ringing. Scott is then lifted up and thrown on the hood of the car, I growl as I hear Derek say "Your dead." It was him the whole damn time. Why couldn't I smell his scent? I always do. He looks at me and I glare at him, I'm still mad at him for leaving me there. I help Scott up as Derek walks off.
   "What the hell was that?!" Scott yells pissed at Derek.
   "I said I was going to teach you I didn't say when. " he replies with a smug look.
   "You scared the crap out of me! Out of us!" my twin continues to yell.
   "Not yet." Derek looks at me, I look away crossings my arms.
   "Okay but I was fast right." Scott tries to get some praise but it isn't going to work.
   "Not fast enough." I mumble both if them looking at me, Scott glares.
   "But the car alarm thing that was smart right?" he asks looking at me for some help, I shrug my shoulders and continue to walk.
   "Until your phone rang." Derek says.
   "But that was... I mean... It was-" Scott says getting frustrated with Derek. "Would you just stop please!" he yells and Derek stops turning around. "What happened the other night, Stiles' Dad getting hurt. That was my fault I should have been there." I look at Scott confused
   "You never told me Stiles' Dad got hurt." I say but they ignore me.
   "Look I am what I am because of birth, you were bitten. Teaching someone who was bitten takes time. I don't even know if I can teach you." Derek says frustrated with my twin.
   "What does he have to do?" I ask looking at Derek for the first time all night.
   "You have to get rid if distractions." he says grabbing Scott's phone. "You see this...this is why I caught you. You want me to teach you get rid of her." He shows us the miss call from Allison. Well that's not going to work, Scott won't get rid of Allison he's in "love" with her.
   "Why just because of her family?" Scott sarcastically asks Derek. He then throws Scott's phone against the wall causing it to shatter. My twin both shocked and angry.
   "You getting angry. That's your first lesson you wanna learn how to control this you do it by anger. By tapping into a primal animal rage and you can't do that when your with her around!" Derek yells. I look at my twin he is getting angry, I can tell not just by the look on his face but because I can hear his heartbeat.
   "I can get angry." Scott says monotone.
   "Not angry enough! This is the only way I can teach you. Now can you stay away from her at least until after the full moon?" he asks, I should intervene but I don't know how.
    Scott starts "I can try-" but Derek interrupts my twin "Do you want to live!? Do you want to protect your friends to protect your sister?!" they both look at me.
   "I can protect myself." I say, Scott rolls his eyes I smack him in the gut. "I can you just don't know it."
   "Yes I want to protect them..." Scott pauses, is he really going to give up Allison? "If you teach me I can stay away from her." he gives Derek a sad yet determined look.
   I look at Derek and he looks at me, he can tell I'm mad at him. I do have a right to be, he left me there with the hunter who was shooting all over the place. Yeah he could have got shot and I don't know what I would have done. Maybe I should apologize. No I'm not...but it would make things easier. I look away from him grab Scott's arm and start to walk off. A warm touch on my hand sends sparks through my whole body, I look down and see Derek's hand around mine he tries to pull me towards him but I yank my hand away and walk faster with Scott leaving him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

   Scott dropped me off at home and left. He said he was going to explain to Allison that he broke his phone. Knowing my hormonal teenager brother he and Allison are doing some other things. I sit down in my room drawing in my sketchbook. After a few hours Scott comes running in my room yelling at me to get up and run to his room. When we enter his dark room he shuts the door locks it runs to the window closes it and the blinds looking out of them just scared for his life. I smell the familiar scent that belongs to Derek I flash my eyes and see him sitting on Scott's chair he stares at me. Scott turns on the light and I change my eye color back to their normal wood brown. He looks at Scott glaring at him. He knows Scott visited Allison. Scott jumps still frightened by something I'm assuming it was the alpha, I bit my lip holding in my laugh.
   "You seriously need to stop doing that." Scott says catching his breath.
   "Did you see him?" I ask just when Derek asks "Did he talk to you?"
   "No shit Sherlock and yeah we had a nice conversation about the weather. No we didn't talk!" Sarcastic remarks come out of my brothers mouth. I roll my eyes and sit on his bed.
   "Well did you get anything off of him like an impression." Derek continued. Scott gives me a confused look. Does he not know what impression means?
   "What he means is did you get a feeling when you were with him? What kind of feeling did you get with him?" I clarify for him. He nods understanding.
   "Anger." Scott says, Derek then asks 'Focus on you?' Scott shakes his head then answers. "No not me but there was definitely anger I could feel it. Especially when he drew the spiral." Derek is a little taken back by Scott mentioning the spiral. I know what he's talking about every alpha has a symbol for it's pack, the alpha that bit us symbol is a spiral.
   "What'd you just say?" Derek asks.
   "He drew the spiral on the window of my car. What? You have this look like you know what it means." Scott says I take a look at Derek and does. Derek knows what it means.
   "It's nothing." Derek says walking away, Scott looks at me silently telling me to ask him what it means.
   I sigh and get up from the bed grab his arm and turn him around small sparks fly when I grabbed him. "Wait a second you can't just keep doing that Derek. You can't ask us to trust you then keep it all to yourself, it's not right." I say he looks at me worried. He mumbles 'It's nothing'  but I know better than that it's not nothing. "The night we found his sister body it was buried under a spiral. What does it mean?" I insist starting to get angry and frustrated with him. He answered with 'You don't wanna know'.  Then rushes out the door, he knows something about the alpha. I'm going to find out. Turning back to Scott letting out a sigh as he lays down on his bed repeating 'Stay away from Allison.' I cross my arms trying not to let my anger show I tell him goodnight and leave to my room. I get to my room and throw my sketchbook across my room and run my hands through my hair. Why is he like that? I keep thinking as I lay down getting ready to sleep.