Chapter 13

Jessica's p.o.v

   Stiles drives us to the animal clinic. Once we arrived I get out, get the spare key and open the door. I help Derek in and set him on a pile of dog food. Stiles gets a text. He asks Derek if a weird name mean anything. Derek explains that it's a rare type of wolfs bane.
   "He has to bring me the bullet." Derek tells Stiles.
   "Why?" I ask
   "Because I'm gonna die without it." he huffs out of breath.
   I look at Stiles with a pleading look, he can't die. He's mine. We enter the building as Derek takes off his shirt. The wound he has seems to be getting worse, there's a lot of blood coming out from it and more black veins surrounding it.
   "You know that doesn't look that bad. Some ibuprofen and a good night sleep should be fine." Stiles says, I growl at him and he shuts up.
   "Once the infection reaches my heart I'm dead." Derek says looking through drawer and cabinets.
   "Positivity isn't in your vocabulary is it." Stiles sarcastically asks.
   "I have one last resort."
   "And that is?" I ask
   "You guys are going to cut off my arm." Derek holds up a electric saw. I look at Stiles then back up a little. I can not do this.
   Derek hands Stiles the saw as he wraps a blue band around his arm. I look at Derek like this is some sick joke, he has a serious face on so I know that this isn't a sick joke.
   "Isn't there another way for us to help you? Something that can by us time?" I ask knowing that Stiles doesn't want to do this either.
   "Yes there is but I don't want to hurt you." Derek says grabbing my hand.
   "I don't care let me help you." I say.
   "Okay close your eyes and concentrate. Focus on trying to heal me, focus on the sound of my voice, focus one the wound." he says. I obey, I clear my mind taking deep breaths.
   "By Earth and Air, By Fire and Water, So shall you hear my call. Powers of birth and rebirth, Powers of silence and peace, Heal the wound on the body and mind." I mumble opening my eyes, they change colors. How did I know that? Black veins start to appear on my hands then a wave of pain comes. Derek's wound starts to heal very slowly but then stops. I look at Stiles, he has his mouth dropped open and his eyes wide.
   "What did I do?" I ask looking between both of them.
   "You helped me heal but not a lot. We still might have to saw my arm off." Derek says.
   "What if you bleed out?"  Stiles asks.
   "It will heal if it's done right." he says
   "Look I don't know if I could do this."
   "Why not?" Derek asks
   "Well because of the sawing through the flesh, cutting through the bone, and especially the blood." Stiles says.
   "You faint at the sight of blood?" Derek asks, I nod answering for Stiles.
   "No but I might at the sight of a chopped off arm!" Stiles yells freaking out.
   "How about this you cut off my arm or I'm gonna cut off your head." he threatened.
   "I'm so not buying your threats anymore." Stiles says Derek reaches over grabbing him by the collar. He panics and says he'll do it. Derek leans over and throws up some weird black substance. I jump back covering my mouth in shock. That was disgusting, I think I'm gonna be sick.
   "What the hell is that?" Stiles asks equally as disgusted as I am.
   "It's my body trying to heal itself." he huffs
   "Well it's not doing a good job."
   "You have to do it now." Derek orders.
   "I don't think I can d-" Stiles starts but Derek interrupted him. "DO IT!"
   "Stiles? Jessica?" Scott's voice fills the room as he entered. I sigh in relief.
   "Did you get it?" Derek asks. Scott digs through his pocket and pulls out the bullet.
   "What are you gonna do with it?" I ask.
   "I'm gonna... I'm gonna..." he starts but drops the bullet passing out. The bullet drops down a vent. I drop to try and wake him up.
   "Come on please don't die on me... Wake up Hale. Please..." I say shaking him. Stiles is starting to freak out too, tears are threatening to spill. He isn't going to die. I need to calm down. I take a deep breath, and listen for his heartbeat. It's slow meaning he's still alive. I don't know what to do, umm I know. I lean forward to connect our lips, when they touch I feel multiple sparks going off. I pull away and Stiles looks at me shocked at what I just did. Hopefully he doesn't get mad at what I just did, I thought it would work but it didn't he's still passed out.
   "Please don't kill me for this..." Stiles says then punches Derek, he wakes up, we all help him stand. He takes the bullet rips it apart, and sets it on fire with a lighter from his pocket. It sparks like crazy, once it stops he scoops the remains of it into his hand shoving it into the wound. He screams and growls in pain, I cover my ears not wanting to hear him. He stops and his wound is gone. Out of nowhere I start to feel incredibly weak.
   "That was AWESOME!" Stiles yells fist bumping the air.
   "Hey you okay?" I ask leaning on the wall.
   "Except for the agonizing pain I'm great." Derek says sarcastically.
   "Well the use of sarcasm is a good sign of health." Stiles sasses back.
   "We saved your life now you leave us alone. All of us." Scott says looking at me for the last part. Then continues, "And if you don't then I'm gonna tell Allison's Dad everything-"
   "No you're not Scott, you aren't going to tell them shit because if you do then they are going to figure out about the both of us. Meaning you can't be with her!" I yell walking up to my twin.
   "You honestly think their going to help you." Derek says monotone.
   "Why not their a lot freaking nicer than you are." he says I roll my eyes, sure if they were a lot nicer then they wouldn't have shot Derek.
   "I can show you exactly how nice they are." Derek says.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

   We are in Derek's car pulling up to 'Beacon Crossing Home'. We all get out of the car and walk inside. We walk a few halls then finally stop at a door. Derek opens a door and we enter a room a man in a wheelchair is sitting there staring into space.
   "Who's he?" Scott asks I look at Derek and hesitates because to answer.
   "My Uncle, Peter Hale." Derek answers.
   "Is he like you? Is he a werewolf?" Scott asks again.
   "He was now he's barely even human. Six years ago my sister and I were at school, our house caught fire eleven people were trapped inside. He was the only survivor." Derek explained. I feel bad for him, he didn't know about the fire until it was to late. I feel his pain, I don't know what else to do but I grab his hand giving it a reassuring squeeze.
   "What makes you so sure that they set the fire?" Scott asks trying hard to prove the hunters innocent.
   "They're the only ones who knew about us." Derek says letting go of my hand.
   "Then they must have had a good reason for it." Scott insists.
   "Like what? You tell me what justifies this." he says turning his Uncle's chair around to reveal half hour his face burnt. I look  down at me feet. Derek continues "They say they'll only kill an adult and only with absolute proof. But there were people who were perfectly ordinary in that fire. This is what they do and it's what Allison will do."
   "What are you doing in here? Visiting hours are over." A red haired woman in a nurses outfit says.
   "We were just leaving." Derek says grabbing my hand pulling me out of the room. I mumble 'sorry' not to the nurse but to Peter and Derek. They had to go through that.
   He drops us off at home but I can't sleep. Why would they do that to an innocent family? Who was the lady that shot Derek?