Chapter 14

Jessica's p.o.v

   I'm at home when I get a text from Derek saying meet him at the video store. I leave the house riding my skateboard, once I get to the video store I see a whole bunch of cops and an ambulance. I smell Derek scent and looks for him, he's on the roof with Scott. I climb up the ladder and stand next to them. It's a much better view from here. Mr Stilinski and Stiles shows up in the sheriffs car. He gets out trying to calm down Jackson but Jackson yells at Mr Stilinski.
   "Why is he such an asshole?" I ask. They both acknowledge that I'm here now.
   "Now you get it?" Derek asks.
   "I get the he's killing people but I don't get why." my twin and I answer at the same time.
   "Is it normal for werewolves to kill?" I ask.
   "We're predators we don't have to be killers." Derek answers.
   "Then why is he a killer?" Scott asks.
   "That's what we're going to find out." he answers walking away we follow. I put my board in his trunk as we get in.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

   He drives us to his house we get out and go inside. And Scott starts to complain.
   "You know I have a life." he shouts.
   "No you don't." I mumble  and Scott growls at me. I give him an unimpressed look.
   "Yes I do! I don't care what you say about him making me his pet." Scott yells
   "Part of his pack." Derek corrects.
   "Whatever I have homework to do, I have to go to parent teacher conferences tomorrow because I'm failing chemistry!" he yells again. I'm not failing classes thank God because Mom would kill me if I did.
   "You wanna do homework or you wanna not die? You have less than a week till the full moon. You don't kill with him he will kill you and your sister." Derek explains.
   "Who made up those rules?" Scott asks I roll my eyes.
   "It's a right of passage into the damn things pack, my twin." I say.
   "You want to know what else is a right of passage... Graduating from highschool. A-and you don't have to kill anyone to do it. Why can't y-you find him yourself? Why can't you just sniff him out when he's human." Scott argues.
   "Because his human scent can be entirely different from his werewolf one." I explain sitting down on the stairs.
   "It has to be one of you mainly you Scott because Jessica obliviously isn't connected to him. You are connected to him. It's a link that you can't understand. If I can teach you to control your abilities then you can find him." Derek says. Scott shuts up thinking. He's probably thinking about being able to see Allison when he learns control.
   "So if I help you, you can stop him." Scott says.
   "Not alone, we're stronger in numbers. A pack is stronger than an individual."
   "How am I supposed to help if I have no idea what I'm doing?" Scott asks for like the hundredth time. I groan in annoyance.
   "He is going to teach you don't you get that?!" I yell frustrated with my twin.
   "You remember what happened that first night you shifted. Right after you were hit?" Derek asks. I remember that clearly, my twin got shot in the arm when he was wolfed out, he shifted back to normal.
   "I changed back." Scott answers.
   "And when you were hit by his car same thing right?" Derek asked. Scott nodded.
   "What's the common denominator?" I ask understanding what he's trying to tell Scott. Pain. Pain makes him shift back. Pain make us human. Derek grabs Scott's hand and slowly breaks it. I stand up ready to push him off my twin.
   "It'll heal." he says Scott screams out in pain. I can't handle hearing my twin in pain. I push Derek back growling at him.
   "Don't touch him." I growl.
   "Jessica it's fine. He's going to heal. Calm down." Derek says. I growl again not listening to him. Out of nowhere I feel angry, my eyes change color. I have no control over anything.
   "Jessica calm down. You shifting can make Scott shift. When a werewolf doesn't know how to control the shift other werewolves can make them shift to especially near the full moon. It's like your anger rubs off on them." Derek says holding his hands out slowly stepping forward. There's a growl but it's not mine, I turn and see Scott shifting. He growls again but not at me, he's growling at Derek. Scott tries to attack Derek but I slam him into the wall.
   "He's mine!" I roar at my twin. Scott tries to scratch me with his claws but I doge it. I know better than to hurt my twin so I block and try to pin him down. Scott kicks me in the stomach, I go flying my back hitting the wall hard.  I try to move but I can't I look down and see a large piece of wood sticking out of my thigh. Derek comes in the room eyes widened at what Scott did. I try to get it out of my thigh but with the slightest movement it hurts. Scott comes in to but shifts back when he sees me with the wood.
   "Jessica I'm so sorry." he says trying to come towards me.
   I slowly start to take the wood out, my hands violently shaking. I groan, trying not to show that I'm in pain. I curse a few times as I'm finally out. There are still a few shards of wood in my thigh. I dig my fingers in the hole to get the pieces out. Once I get all of them out I try walking but fail and end up on the floor. Someone wraps their arm around my waist helping me up. I look up to see Derek.
   "Thanks but I got it." I say getting up and slowly walking away. Well it's more like limping. We go back into the main room Derek keeping an eye on me just in case any happens.
   Scott and I have to walk home because Derek wasn't going to give us a ride. I think it was a little rude but he isn't the most generous person in Beacon Hills.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

   I arrive at school, walking in with my board heading towards my locker. My wound from last night hasn't completely healed so I had to bandage it this morning. I am not limping anymore so people won't ask what happened. Derek texted me asking if I was okay or not, he just didn't want to let my twin to see him being all sweet. I see Allison walking to her locker, she waves and I wave back. She opens her locker and a bunch of balloons come falling out of her locker there's also a 'Happy Birthday' card attached to the locker door. My twin comes next to her and they start talking, after a few minutes of talking Alli kisses Scott.
    "Why don't we get out of here?" Scott suggests.
    "Like skip class?" Allison asks.
    "Yeah a whole day." What the hell what is my twin thinking? He's going to get into major trouble with Mom.
    "Your telling someone who has never skipped a class in her life to skip a whole day of school. I don't think that'll work out." Is she serious? She has never skipped class before. I did it before but was smart about it. I made sure I didn't get caught.
   "Well then it's perfect. Since this is your first time then the punishment won't be that bad." He explains, I roll my eyes shaking my head. My twin isn't that smart.
   "What if you get caught?" she asks
   "Let's try not to think about that."  he says then they both leave.