Chapter 9

Jessica's p.o.v

   We walk the halls as Stiles and Scott complain about the 'group date' or 'hang out' talk that we just finished discussing. Then Stiles gets off topic asking if he's attractive to gay guys. I laugh at him and while Scott still complains about the group date with Allison and how he might have killed a guy. Scott then leaves rushing to get to work, Stiles turns to me asking if I think he's attractive. I laugh and tell him to ask Danny that. I ask if he can drop me off at home and he does. Maybe I should go for a run, I can see Derek. A small smile spreads across my face. I think I will go for a run. I change into a tank top and yoga pants, wrapping my sweater around my waist grabbing my earbuds, pocket knife, phone and house keys locking the door and jog to the woods.

   I'm about halfway to his house when I stop to walk. I hear a twig snap in the distance, I use my wolf hearing to listen for how many people there are there's only one heartbeat. Sniffing around to find the scent but I can't all I smell is animal scent. There's a low growl, I take out my pocket knife and calming myself down before throwing it at a tree. I turn as Derek catches it, inches from hitting his face.

   "Oh my God! I am so sorry, you scared me!" I yell as he holds the knife. He chuckles, he really thinks this is funny he could have died. "What the hell is wrong with you?! I could have killed you! Why are you laughing?" I yell more.

   "You are good at using your senses, but not good enough. Try again this time without the knife." he says tossing my knife far away, I groan and go get it turning back to see he's gone.

   "You've got to be fucken kidding me." I mumble. I run to a puddle of mud and put a little on my wrist and neck, making sure that he losses my scent. I control my heart rate and carefully make sure not to make a sound. I run using my wolf speed, hiding behind a tree that's right behind Derek. I make my way towards him, pinning him against the tree.

   He smiles at me and I smile back. "Nice, now run." he growls his eyes changing into an electric blue. My smile fades away as I run near a creek. I hide behind two boulders. I hear Derek walk right pass me. I close my eyes relieved that he hasn't found me. Then something grabs my arm throwing me across the creek hitting a tree. There's a sharp pain in my back. Derek stands in front of me, he holds out a hand to help me up. "Okay get ready to fight." he says. Wait what? I'm about to ask him what does he mean when I see his fist coming at my face. I duck throwing my elbow back hitting him in the gut then swiping my feet I knock him to the ground. I stick out a hand to help him up, he has a pained expression on his face.

   "Shit I'm sorry." I say kneeling down to check where I hurt him. He starts to laugh next thing I know, I'm pinned to the ground.

   "Never show weakness even if your partner is injured." he says. It takes all my energy to get him off of me, we end up tumbling down a hill. My foot gets caught between two rocks, there's a snap and I curse in pain.

   "Fucken shit ugh fucken rocks." I mumble Derek comes rushing be my side. He tries to touch my foot but I push him away. "Don't touch it." I say scooting back.

   "Well I have to pop it back in place or it won't heal correctly." he says giving me a guilty look as if he did this.

   "It's my foot. I'm doing it. Don't feel bad, the rocks did it not you." I say grabbing it I take a deep breath before snapping it back into place. I groan, my eyes changing color then changing back. I stand up slowly leaning on a tree, everything is starting to spin. I try to walk but fail as I fall forward. Everything fading into darkness.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

   I wake up to the sound of a dog barking. Everything that happened comes back to me. I look around to see I'm in the Hale house back in the room that Derek kicked me out last time.

   "Derek." I mumble looking around for him. Sitting up I look out the window seeing a deputy try to walk inside the house, but the deputies dog continues to bark scaring the deputy even more. Soon the deputy leaves and Derek comes in the room.

   "How are you feeling?" he asks sitting next to me.

   "Fine. Can I ask you something?" he nods "How come I don't shift like Scott does?" I ask looking at him.

   "Because for some reason you have more control over it that he does." he says but his heart skips a beat indicating that he's lying. I sigh letting it go for now because I smell my twin coming.

   "Scott's coming he's gonna ask for your help." I mumble. We get up walking downstairs, we step onto the front porch Scott looking at me shocked. Oh yeah they don't know that I'm hear.

   "Jessica what are you doing here?" he asks giving me an evil look.

   "You want to talk to him so talk to him." I say crossing my arms. Stepping out of the way.

   "Okay look I know was partially my fault for getting you arrested, and that we basically told the hunters that you're here, and about your sister. But I think I attacked someone last night." my twin says.

   "You think you attacked the driver." Derek states.

   "Did you see what I did last night?" he asks raising his voice.

   "No."

   "Can you at least tell me the truth? Am I going to hurt someone?"

   "Yes."

   "Can I kill someone?"

   "Yes."

   "Am I gonna kill someone?" he asks raising his voice more. Derek doesn't yell, he has a straight face on.

   "Possibly." Scott turns walking around. Derek continues, "Look I can help you remember. I can help you control the shift on the full moon but I'm going to need something in return."

   "What is it?" I ask putting my sweater on.

   "You'll find out soon. But for now I'm going to give you what you want. Go back to the bus, see it feel it. Let your senses sight, smell, touch let them remember for you."

   "That's it just go back?" I ask again.

   "I just want to know if I hurt him." he says looking worried. He's lying I know he is, he's more concerned about Allison than he is me.

   "No you want to know if you'll hurt her." Derek says and I nod. Scott starts to walk away leaving me with Derek.

   "Give me your phone." I say and he smirks handing it to me.

   "Here's my number just in case you need anything call." I say giving him back the phone smirking,"See you Derek." turning around to leave.