Chapter 20

Jessica's p.o.v

  Derek and I arrive at the school before Stiles and Scott do. Supposedly Scott has a plan to prove to Derek that his boss is innocent. I don't understand why Derek thinks it's Scott's boss. We get out of the car standing outside Derek leans on his car while I sit on the curb. I regret not putting on warmer clothes after my shower. Stiles pulls up in the Jeep both of my best friends getting out.
   "Where's my boss?" My twin asks. I look at Derek as he moves out of the way showing them Scott boss laying down in the backseat of very uncomfortable.
   "That looks comfy." Stiles mumbles his voice dripping with sarcasm.
   I ask what the plan is but both of them look at me and start to walk into the school. I ask them again and Scott explains that they are going to see if he really is connected to the alpha trying to prove that his boss is innocent. Scott tells me to make sure that Derek doesn't hurt his boss anymore. I don't know why but I have this gut feeling that something is wrong.
   "What's wrong?" Derek asks.
   "I don't know. Something doesn't feel right." looking up at him confused he helps me up then hugs me. I pull away from the hug gazing into his deep emerald green eyes. "I know something bad is going to happen." I mumble.
   "Don't worry I'll protect you." he smirks
   "Are you calling me a damsel in distress?" Derek nods slightly. "You know I can protect myself." I smirk back leaning in slowly. He leans in to, our lips are about to touch when I pull away smiling. "Do you really think I'm going to let you kiss me right after you basically called me a damsel in distress? Sure if I'm such a damsel then I would have been freaking the fuck out like my dear twin, Scotty Boy, but I most certainly am not." I say leaning on the jeep crossings my arms.
   Derek rolls his eyes. "Fine you are not a damsel in distress. You are a strong, powerful, independent woman." he say slowly walking towards me. "You are also beautiful, talented, and very special." He wraps his arms around my waist pulling me towards him, instinctively I wrap my arms around his neck. He wastes no time to kiss me, I kiss back feeling sparks fly.
   A screeching sound comes from the school intercom, the sound is so bad we pull apart and cover our ears. When it's over I try my hardest not to laugh. I look at Derek who's now pissed off at my twin. Then a loud roar erupted from inside the school, making the ground shake a little. I feel my eyes changing color as I let out a small growl. I take a few deep breaths calming down looking at Derek who's now more angry than ever. Scott and Stiles come out of the school happy.
   "That was AWESOME!" Stiles shouts fist bumping the air.
    "What the hell was that?!" Derek yells
    "You said I was connected to the alpha." Scott says in a 'duh' tone.
    "You're trying to contact the alpha not the whole entire county!" Derek shouts.
    "SHUT UP!" I roar fed up with their arguing. Looking at all of them they stare at me with wide eyes. I clear my throat then continue, "Now that you've contacted the alpha. What are we going to when he's here? Hmm... Cause I'm sure he doesn't want to politely talk things over."
   "She has a point." Stiles mumbles. I smile at him, knowing I'm right.
   "That I haven't figured out yet because I'm not even sure he'll show up." Scott says. I turn looking in the forest for any signs of the alpha. I see red glowing eyes in between the shadows of the trees. They disappear just as fast as they appeared. "Wait where's my boss?" Scott asks gaining my attention.
    "What? He's in the back." I say looking in the backseat seeing nothing but an open door. If he's not there and the red eyes in the forest. "The alpha's here." my eyes widening as I put the pieces together but there's still a few missing. "We have to get out of here now!" I yell trying to get their attention but they are arguing again.
    There's a large shadow running around, they don't see it. How?!? How do they not see it? Derek is talking when blood falls from his mouth. He is lifted up by the alphas claws that are stabbed in his back. "DEREK!!!!!!" I scream as he's thrown his limp body hits a wall falling on the ground. I try to listen for a heart beat but there's so much going on I can't concentrate. My body feels numb, everything seems to be happening to fast. First we are outside now we are inside the school, Scott and Stiles are holding the door closed trying to find something to keep it that way. Stiles looks outside seeing the bolt cutters they used to get inside the school. They start to argue with each other whether or not he should get them. He goes outside slowly and quietly trying not to get the alphas attention. He grabs the bolt cutters when the alpha makes his way from behind the cars. Scott and I start yelling at Stiles to run, my best friend turns back to us and sprints towards the building when the alpha starts running after him. He makes it inside and puts it in between the handles on both doors. We look out the windows for the alpha but he's not there. There's a howl, the same howl we heard the night we were bitten. Stiles grabs my arm pulling me along. He pushes my in a classroom and him and Scott start moving the teachers desk.
   "It's your boss." Stiles states. Causing Scott to stop pushing the desk. I shake my head disagreeing with Stiles.
    "What? No it's not Deaton." Scott argues.
    "No it's not. It can't be Stiles it's someone else." I say taking my twin's side.
    "Come on Jess he disappears and then that thing shows up ten seconds later and throws Derek twenty feet in the air. Perfect timing don't you think." Stiles defends himself. "You're boss is a psychotic murdering alpha. He killed Derek." He says my heart sinks when he says that. A small gasp leave my lips involuntary. He's not dead. He can't be dead, I know he's not.
    "He's not dead." Scott argues looking at Stiles then back at me. I can tell he's signaling for Stiles to shut up but he's not going to.
    "Blood squirted from his mouth Scott that doesn't really count as a minor injury. He's dead and we're next." he looks at me and gives me a sad look. The look of pity is what it is. They sympathize me knowing how I felt about Derek, knowing that it hurts me more than ever right now. "Here's the plan we get to my jeep, get the hell out of here, and you seriously think about quitting your job. They nod in agreement and go to a window. Scott tries to open it but doesn't succeed.
    "That won't open the school is climate controlled." I mumble knowing they can hear me.
    "Then we break it." Scott suggests.
    "That'll make a lot of noise."  my best friend says looking at Scott like he's crazy.
    "Then we run really fast." Scott rushes out not thinking it through. I look out the window at the cars. There's something wrong with the hood of Stiles jeep. I tap Scott getting his attention pointing to the jeep. "Stiles what's up with the hood of your car?" He questions Stiles not fulling understanding.
   "It's like its bent." I say looking at him. He asks if I mean dented, I shake my head and repeat it's bent. I look to the side seeing a large black object be thrown right at us. I grab both of them dragging them down as the object shatters through the window causing glass shards to go everywhere. Slowly I get up taking a few pieces that cut me out of my skin.
    "Stiles that's your car battery." I whisper looking at the object that was thrown.
    "We have to move now." Stiles tries getting up but Scott stops him from.
    "What are you doing he could be right outside!" Scott whisper shouts.
    "He is outside." I mumble staring at the battery. Losing concentration of what they're saying I hear the alpha's heart beat. I smell his scent, I sense his anger. If it was Deaton we would have already sensed that he was a werewolf. It's not him Deaton doesn't have that type of anger. He's an innocent who just got involved with the supernatural. I'm pulled out of my thoughts when Stiles pulls me up and we start running.