Chapter 54- New Dawn

Within his study, Zorin's headmaster Nylen Gvius Das Jozion was silently flipping through a large tome hovering above his desk. Beyond the wrinkles and age spots on his bald and elderly face, there was something else in his expression, something of a calm and concentrated frustration. While his marble left hand dexterously flipped through the weathered pages of the leather-bound tome, his right hand was slowly and deftly jotting down thoughts and passages, recording them onto the papers that were spread out before him.

The time of day neither mattered nor entered his thoughts as he continued perusing through the leather bound tome. With the arrival of morning, the lightstones around his chamber began dimming as the infusion of mana within them disappeared. Yet with a swift incantation--as if to reject the encroaching morning's limited light--his mana flared through the air and into the stones, filling the room with a soft white glow once again. Around him, the study that had been littered with broken magical apparatuses and crumpled notes from two turns ago, was now filled with piles of antiquated texts and aged documents.

'Enuria... Rhultal... Silvazae... Silver King...' Nylen cycled the words in his head while scanning through the ancient book. Ever since the meeting, he had instinctively understood that they were the final pieces of the puzzle in identifying the boy's unnatural strength; another part of the mystery that could not be explained by logic. No matter how he attempted to rationalize them, to attach them to the boy in some way or form, nothing made sense beyond the silver glow he glimpsed all those years ago.

Using those keywords, he had gone through hundreds of records pertaining to the current and old world, going as far as to open the sealed archives hidden and locked away underneath the academy's library. Yet after countless days and nights spent slogging through stories and records of the past, any sort of solid evidence still eluded him. Not a single mention of the unknown titles or words, nor could he find a single indication that any such abnormality like the boy's peculiar circumstance had ever occurred within the past thousand years.

The door to the chamber slowly opened, and a round faced man with short brown hair stepped inside. The man was in his late forties, and was wearing a red master's robe. "... You were up all night again." The man stated after sighing deeply.

Nylen took a quick glance toward the door. "Keral. Is it morning already?"

"You were supposed to rest. Remember?" Carrying a handful of old books, Master Keral swiftly reproved as he carefully made his way toward the desk--in the center of the room. "Not to mention, Master Juvol is quite stressed that you are taking books from the Locked Library without returning them. She was very vocal about it when I picked these up." Seeing that the desk was already full, Keral laid the new batch of old texts atop a small stack of papers.

"Book, books, books. I can't even remember the last time she was this worried about someone." The headmaster retorted as he turned back to the object of his focus. "Ever wonder why she never married?"

The sudden and completely extraneous question gave Keral pause. "That... is not a subject for discussion, nor is it the point of my words."

"Sure, sure. Tell her I'll return the books," Nylen flipped another page and skimmed its contents. "... After I find what I'm looking for."

"After? Look around you, headmaster. You can barely maneuver through this room with all these things lying about. I'm also certain Master Borus will agree with me in saying that this sort of environment is bad for your health. Why not just return the ones you've already gone through?"

"Absolutely not." With a swift response, the old man firmly refused. "Not until I am done. If there are any clues that can correspond with others in these writings, I will need them here so that I can access them whenever I need."