Chapter 4 - Stay Alive For Me

John's POV

Salt Sqaud (minus Alex)

TooGayToFunction: guys, I think Alexander has a gf

MonAmi: no, as if, he was eating a can of, how you say? What are they? Pringles.

Resorted2EatingOurHorses: what do Pringles have to do with this?

MonAmi: the single Pringle thing u Americans say

TooGayToFunction: ok, whatever, I want to look at his files

Resorted2EatingOurHorses: why would stuff about his gf be in this school application files?

TooGayToFuction: idk but I'm gonna take a look.

TooGayToFunction: can we change our users? They're so long.

NoHomo: aH, I did miss the original users.

MonAmi: gotchu fam

HERCules: fine lets go get the files.

-
I groaned at my alarm groggily, practically punching the clock as I tried to turn it off before checking the time.

Ew 5:30am maybe stalker-checking my new roommates files to obsessively see if he has a girlfriend isn't worth waking up for.....Nah.

I rolled out of bed quietly and pulled on a coat and some shoes and tip toed out across the hall to see herc and laf.

"And now, we stalk" Hercules smirked and we followed him off to the Principles Office. (A/N in American colleges do they call head of Colleges Principles? Idk if that's what they even call them in Aus)

We used a card to swipe down the side of the locked door until about ten minutes later we got it open.

"Wow" I muttered. The principles office was huge and one of the large walls was  stacked at every centimetre with a filing cabinet. "We better get started I guess. Look for the H cabinet, it should be the first H cabinet since his first name is Alexander. It's H for Hamilton"

We spent five minutes searching until I almostr screamed in happiness and fell off the ladder after finding it.

Hercules grabbed the thick files from my arms while Laf helped me down the ladder. "It weighs a ton! How interesting can this Hamilton boy be? He's only been on this earth nineteen years and his file could contain as much information as an eight-hundred page biography for a politician could!"

"C'mon let's just get started, neither of us start class until 11am and it's only 5:30am" I rolled my eyes at my friends and pulled open his book of files. "Ooooh a section on his 'Past Life and Family History' how professional sounding" I laughed.

"Ok, its reached a new level of obsession, we might have to get Alexander a restraining order" Lafayette said before continuing to read on. "Merde.....they have almost every intimate detail of his life!"

"This might explain it" I picked up a stack of papers and made out the words, written in  messy handwriting and read them out. "The absence of my father is caused by his departure from our family. My mother died due to illness while I was twelve and the cousin I went to stay with after the hurricane in the Caribbean that destroyed my home and killed my brother, he committed suicide. Here are they essays I wrote that I used to get kind, generous, sympathetic people to help me raise money to get on a ship to New York. I know you probably don't do this often,  but due to the lack of family and relatives and my self taught education (thanks to books) all I know how to do is write essays and persuade people, using these essays." I stopped reading at the end of the first page and stared, in mild shock, the only sound was Laf and herc shuffling through papers hastily.